• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Conters - Meerendal - Conters - Coffee .... a fun little loop

2 places I need to visit properly. Are they the pick out of the tygerberg trails?

Early morning start at the Karkloof Country Club. Gave the Supa20 a go this weekend... If you only have time to ride 20kms at Karkloof, this must be it!

post-12909-0-42364600-1430758784_thumb.jpg

Rode the MTB Trails at Hatta (UAE). A nice set of trails has been constructed there with good flow and loop options. This is at the top of the new black? section. In case its not obvious - its hot.......37 degrees at 08h30!

attachicon.gifHatta MTB (800x450).jpg

Beautiful picture! My feet just started itching.....what can I go do there that is tax deductible?

2 places I need to visit properly. Are they the pick out of the tygerberg trails?

Meerendal is... meh. Its climbs and berms. Then more climbs. Then more berms. Rinse, repeat.

Brilliant for hill training and cornering. There's a sum total of one rock drop, and about 2 jumps. You can get some serious speed though.

Cool, so maybe meerendal to warm up then head over to conters to play. If I'm going to come all the way for one, may as well make a day of it. Any of the others worth doing? The don't get mentioned much...

Cool, so maybe meerendal to warm up then head over to conters to play. If I'm going to come all the way for one, may as well make a day of it. Any of the others worth doing? The don't get mentioned much...

Yeah. That's what the rest of them did yesterday while I had to get home. That's the way I'd do it again

Conters and Hoogekraal are the best. Good flowing single track with some decent technical bits. Meerendal is not that great, only ride it for some extra distance.

Just be warned if you are not a member you will need to pay a separate fee at each trail and you can't link the trails (green corridors are members only) unless you ride along the tar road.