Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Guest notmyname

Fighting with my bike for 4.5 hrs

One of those days :rolleyes:

Helzhoogte Pass, 4.6 kms at 5.1%

Stellenbosch, Western Cape

IMG_3103-1.JPG

Going to give it a crack while I'm down there next month. Bring on 3 weeks of working in the Cape.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

jeez the Tygerberg trails are in awesome condition at the moment. Best time of the year to ride. Klapped most of my downhill PB's yesterday.

Jonkers on Saturday was PRIME. Beautiful conditions. But then the muppet on the bike was sommer pap, so I was all over the place and didn't hit anything like I should...

That new Flow Line that's there, and the newer canaries (level below the rock ride) is BEAUTIFUL. And the upper canaries are just getting more and more gnarly. LOVE it.

Also - can't wait for Trail Z to open this weekend... Patrick apparently has shedloads of work to do still - there's no way to get the bakkie there and they need to build some stiles.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Jonkers on Saturday was PRIME. Beautiful conditions. But then the muppet on the bike was sommer pap, so I was all over the place and didn't hit anything like I should...

That new Flow Line that's there, and the newer canaries (level below the rock ride) is BEAUTIFUL. And the upper canaries are just getting more and more gnarly. LOVE it.

We were talking about Jonkers during our ride yesterday. Definitely time for a trip out there.

We were talking about Jonkers during our ride yesterday. Definitely time for a trip out there.

I HIGHLY recommend doing all the canaries. Top ones are rocky as feck, and make you work hard, but they're fun.

If I was fitter it would have been a thoroughly enjoyable experience. But unfortunately I just couldn't get in the groove.

FWIW LTG, we refer to meerendal as Meh-rendal. :P

Try the other trails in the system, and if you're still here next weekend, Trail Z at hoogekraal should be open. 

Apparently it's a belter, and it'll increase the total loop at Hoogies to around 20k or so

^_^ Went Meh-rendal based on advise for it being a good spot for my missus and 5 month old to chill while I grabbed a quick ride,was I glad I did..those views are amazing! but cut the ride short as I  felt super guilty leaving the two of them alone on OUR first family holiday...

so my plan of going to do Hoogekraal and Contermans later in the week was discarded. 

no regrets, at all.. got to see so much of my amazing little guy,

post-6012-0-66042800-1474279419_thumb.jpg

being with him 24/7 has made being back at work today the worst "back at work after holiday blues" day ever. 

^_^ Went Meh-rendal based on advise for it being a good spot for my missus and 5 month old to chill while I grabbed a quick ride,was I glad I did..those views are amazing! but cut the ride short as I  felt super guilty leaving the two of them alone on OUR first family holiday...

so my plan of going to do Hoogekraal and Contermans later in the week was discarded. 

no regrets, at all.. got to see so much of my amazing little guy,

attachicon.gifIMG_8491 (1).JPG

being with him 24/7 has made being back at work today the worst "back at work after holiday blues" day ever. 

In that case, it's one of the better options available. Great place for kiddies to roam about. Conters has a GREAT coffee shop, but isn't really the place for kids that age to run about. Bloemendal also has a great restaurant / coffee shop, and, like Meerendal, suits little kiddies exploring.

But yeah - good choice in that respect, and the views from the top at Meerendal are spectacular.

Lol not sure on that eddy that Spaz went up the hill like a homesick mountain goat! But 26 is king down hill. Great ride

Not sure who was most embarrassed.

One of us had to ride with a dick head on a Spez and the other had to ride with a loser on 26 inch wheels.

Either way, a great way for two Hubbers to spend a morning!

Edited by broncoza

I took the diesel donkey in for a service and a bust clutch.........but then I could ride to work and the day started to get better! I took the route past Rondebosch Common towards the Southern Suburbs, and discovered this guy selling FANTASTIC coffee. He is roughly opposite Rustenberg every morning. So, if you ride or drive past, stop for a quick one, you won't regret it!

post-17716-0-99605500-1474296090_thumb.jpg

The mountains of Eastern DRC, @ Twangiza.

The route of my normal early morning Ride (start 4:30am ) which I try to do 4 times a week.

The first picture is from my start point  at 2430m ( 8000ft) above sea level . I then drop down about 100m and then turn up and ride to about 2550m altitude  (8360ft)  before turning back gives me about 300m of climbing on my 11.5km ride.

The mountain to the right goes up to 3200m (10 500ft) as the google earth view shows.

post-63-0-51513100-1474299812_thumb.jpg

post-63-0-61082800-1474299831_thumb.jpg