• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

To hospital...

In prep for northern night race my middle finger got caught in rotor (wheel was spinning).

Rotor cut off top part from nail cross down to finger tip. Chance I might need to amputate top part :(

Bugger!!!

Edited by ACM

Ouch bro! All the best!

Tx. First 'serious' mountain bike injury and I wasn't even on the bike :blush:

To hospital...

In prep for northern night race my middle finger got caught in rotor (wheel was spinning).

Rotor cut off top part from nail cross down to finger tip. Chance I might need to amputate top part :(

Bugger!!!

Sorry, but couldn't help thinking that your non-verbal communication with arrogant drivers will be impaired in future. ;) :D Or learn to use the middle finger of your other hand? :devil: Heal soon.

From Caledon to Greyton and back . That was nogals tough. 12km hill. I'm pooped. But was awesome

I used to live in Riviersonderend. Was a nice trundle to Greyton and back, along the Sonderend River. I went there for breakfast, or to Napier then ride back. Never rode to Caledon though. Closest was to silos between Caledon and Riviersonderend. Then to Greyton.

I used to live in Riviersonderend. Was a nice trundle to Greyton and back, along the Sonderend River. I went there for breakfast, or to Napier then ride back. Never rode to Caledon though. Closest was to silos between Caledon and Riviersonderend. Then to Greyton.

An absolute incredible cycling country. Rolling hills steep enough to make you want to puke, and yet the most beautiful scenary. Loved it!

My Bike took me to Joburg Festival of Beer.

I decided to take the bicycle, in order to logistically make it easier for my wife to come and collect me.

Did not want to ride/drive under the influence.

Well worth the effort.

Epic ride on my lonesome.

Stopped at Smitswinkels to eat my breakfast banana while the baboon monitor stood guard over me with his paintball gun to make sure I didn't get robbed by the local baddies. . :D

post-17716-0-05048900-1378735316_thumb.jpg

Tokai, for a very nice egg & bacon roll afterwards at the tea garden at the Arboretum. Cyclists should hang out there more often. The coffee was more than decent too.

Also discovered the coolest bike stand in the forest. Don't know how I've missed it after riding there for years.

post-17716-0-29801600-1379167791_thumb.jpg