Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

I'd print that pic[emoji106]

I might just, eh. Will send it to my wife to tart it up a bit. Get the levels sorted and check on the focus, and see if it can be printed. Otherwise I'll have to do it again!

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice...what you think of the brakes?

Guys I know that have ridden them say they as good or better than XT.

yeah, the CODEs should take the XT's, rip them off the bike, stomp them, eat them then crap them out in the woods somewhere in a pre-dug hole 6 feet deep...

The Guides do that to XT's already. The CODEs are a level above... 

yeah, the CODEs should take the XT's, rip them off the bike, stomp them, eat them then crap them out in the woods somewhere in a pre-dug hole 6 feet deep...

The Guides do that to XT's already. The CODEs are a level above... 

Myles, since when are you an SRAM fanboy? 

Anybody that needs more stopping power than XT needs to drop some weight.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Edited by Moridin

Myles, since when are you an SRAM fanboy? 

Anybody that needs more stopping power than XT needs to drop some weight.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Since always. 

Elixir 5's, Elixir XX, Codes, Guide RS. All faultless. Just needs to be bled PROPERLY to work at their optimum level, which will blow anything by Shimano completely out the water, IMO. 

But now I'm on Hope. I just love the extra control that comes with bigger brakes. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

WTF did he do!?

Stay seated over it or something? That's a rollable feature... 

Hehehe

This was on Lombard's Terra at Bloemendal, where there are two very similar looking wooden obstacles following each other. The first one is rather relaxed and can be covered at just about any speed without issues. The second one however needs to be taken at speed to cover the little gap between the lip and the landing, and he went over a little too slow, landing his wheel just shy of the landing lip. At least that's how I saw it. It was both horrible and hilarious at the same time :D

But he's all better now. Plus I fell over about 3 min after this which made him feel a whole lot better about his bail. Such is life. It was an epic ride though. So much fun.

Hehehe

This was on Lombard's Terra at Bloemendal, where there are two very similar looking wooden obstacles following each other. The first one is rather relaxed and can be covered at just about any speed without issues. The second one however needs to be taken at speed to cover the little gap between the lip and the landing, and he went over a little too slow, landing his wheel just shy of the landing lip. At least that's how I saw it. It was both horrible and hilarious at the same time :D

But he's all better now. Plus I fell over about 3 min after this which made him feel a whole lot better about his bail. Such is life. It was an epic ride though. So much fun.

yeah, I know Lombards... 

LOL. Got it HORRIBLY wrong! 

Since always. 

Elixir 5's, Elixir XX, Codes, Guide RS. All faultless. Just needs to be bled PROPERLY to work at their optimum level, which will blow anything by Shimano completely out the water, IMO. 

But now I'm on Hope. I just love the extra control that comes with bigger brakes. 

Really?

I have a set of Elixir 1s that you or another fan of these can have for free. I took them off my one son's bike and replaced with SLX.

They are sitting here in a box getting old.

Really?

I have a set of Elixir 1s that you or another fan of these can have for free. I took them off my one son's bike and replaced with SLX.

They are sitting here in a box getting old.

I'll take them! :P

Next time I come through to Slumerset I'll drop you a line

To the Khwa ttu / Ormonde MTB trails, 50 km up the R27 from Melkosstrand. A hidden gem. Did the 30 km red route.

Make sure you've got lots of slime (and water).

Cool. A new place ???? Never heard of this place. Hows the single track? Googled the place now and read that its 80% jeep track and only 20 single. Is that correct? Safe to ride alone? Techical?

Did a bit of a ride on the weekend on some roads I have not done since I started, cycling in 2010. (The R101) Last time I did that I remember I had a slight tailwind and I was gunning it, yesterday I did the same road with the Savage old toppies faster than what I did 7 years ago. 

I must have looked like I was in slow motion in 2010. There was a lot more of me to move around back then though.