• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a nice cool and misty ride today. Met up with some cyclists from George on our way back.d2f6d03241b4c7333b7b781de755525d.jpgb35890552d813039cf89af46123b0863.jpgc5db517c8ce008291ff7f09a38281b27.jpgca9319d6e423afa85a65a7aeb2334165.jpgd15041755d6e47d86417314d6ea1f94d.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Dit lyk lekker Bennie! Ek is nou nog kwaad vir myself omdat ek die wekker 4uur net dood gedruk het en verder geslaap het....[emoji2955]

After last week’s CTCT it is time to get back on the dirt. Nice loop from home up to the masts via Hillcrest and then through to Meerendal via the Oatlands corridor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you stop in at Bloemendal ?  Thought I saw your bike there, maybe 11:00'ish ...

Maritz and a school buddy was having fun .... ended up clocking about 15km ...

Dit lyk lekker Bennie! Ek is nou nog kwaad vir myself omdat ek die wekker 4uur net dood gedruk het en verder geslaap het....[emoji2955]

Toemaar ek het amper ook nie gery nie, partner het besluit hy is uit, maar ek het kampeerder hier gesê dat ek gaan ry so gelukkig het dit veroorsaak dat ek wel gegaan het.

Chris, no I did not stop at Bloemendal today. Did a 37km loop on my own, school holidays and son decided to sleep in[emoji2955]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunning loop down to Glentana this morning with my boy, Dad and good mates. Beautiful buffalo with a calf right along the road. Crazy how many okes were on the road dusting off the cobwebs for CTCT. Then we don't seem them again till March next year! :D

@Warrenlee.

Here is a pic of the same dam you passed the other day after some more rain but 2 weeks later.ffb051c158855f0c457fb6b1bd65e81e.jpge8d1b0fae3ce523fa9fdc0de1251b27f.jpg

Edited by BSG

PERFECT weather for ride !  :thumbup:   Okay, also perfect weather to stay in bed ....  started my ride almost an hour later than initially planned.  After 50m I turned back home to get my long sleeve top ....  Finally time to get going  :whistling:

Section of the N1 is closed for the weekend, for resurfacing ....

post-110956-0-33769600-1552822613_thumb.jpg

Now a couple of lekker tar road hills to wake up the muscles before getting to the trail entrance at St John street.  But first a few pics along the way.  Nice MISTY morning ...

post-110956-0-50838700-1552822681_thumb.jpg

Shame, look at this house at the start of the Traverse.  Must have happened in the last couple of weeks ...

post-110956-0-78572500-1552822714_thumb.jpg

The light and the mist was simply superb for photography !!  I just had to stop every so often for a few more pics, and for some more ....

post-110956-0-43406800-1552822856_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-82992400-1552822880_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-73332100-1552822896_thumb.jpg

For the last couple of rides I was getting a "ting-ting" sound when climbing steep hills in the granny gear .... servicing just would not point out the cause .....

After my compulsory coffee stop at Bloemendal the ting-ing got significantly worse while riding up to the Eskom pylons ..... At Majik the problem finally manifested .....

post-110956-0-77939000-1552823058_thumb.jpg

So what am I going to use to keep this spoke safe for the ride home ?  :whistling:   Oooo, after reading and commenting on the toolbag threads I have yet to actually put cable ties in my toolbag  :wacko:   :oops:

And I dont have a pair of pliers to get the spoke out, or even to just cut it short .....

Ended up doing a McGyver to get home ....

post-110956-0-84568500-1552823233_thumb.jpg

PS - sharing this photo with a friend I was given a bit of advice ... bend the spoke 180 degrees, hold the nipple with your fingers, turn the spoke out .... I tested it, and it actually works ..... :clap:  handy tip when "fun" happens along the trail ...  :thumbup:

PERFECT weather for ride ! [emoji106] Okay, also perfect weather to stay in bed .... started my ride almost an hour later than initially planned. After 50m I turned back home to get my long sleeve top .... Finally time to get going :whistling:

attachicon.gifLR-2.jpg

Now a couple of lekker tar road hills to wake up the muscles before getting to the trail entrance at St John street. But first a few pics along the way. Nice MISTY morning ...

attachicon.gifLR-4.jpg

Shame, look at this house at the start of the Traverse. Must have happened in the last couple of weeks ...

attachicon.gifLR-5.jpg

The light and the mist was simply superb for photography !! I just had to stop every so often for a few more pics, and for some more ....

attachicon.gifLR-7.jpg

attachicon.gifLR-8.jpg

attachicon.gifLR-9.jpg

For the last couple of rides I was getting a "ting-ting" sound when climbing steep hills in the granny gear .... servicing just would not point out the cause .....

After my compulsory coffee stop at Bloemendal the ting-ing got significantly worse while riding up to the Eskom pylons ..... At Majik the problem finally manifested .....

attachicon.gifLR-10.jpg

So what am I going to use to keep this spoke safe for the ride home ? :whistling: Oooo, after reading and commenting on the toolbag threads I have yet to actually put cable ties in my toolbag :wacko: :oops:

And I dont have a pair of pliers to get the spoke out, or even to just cut it short .....

attachicon.gifLR-12.jpg

PS - sharing this photo with a friend I was given a bit of advice ... bend the spoke 180 degrees, hold the nipple with your fingers, turn the spoke out .... I tested it, and it actually works ..... :clap: handy tip when "fun" happens along the trail ... [emoji106]

Good trailside repair [emoji106]

Good trailside repair [emoji106]

Hiehie .... borrowed the string from my jacket zip ....   :whistling:

Started as a lekker ride. Snake bite put an end to that.

Took my boet for some wortelkoek to cheer him up.

Foamo lying and waiting was going to fit a more aggressive tyre in front for him anyway.

Now just adding Foamo to the rear and he should not have this problem again.

post-80000-0-02542500-1552828302_thumb.jpg

post-80000-0-08440100-1552828315_thumb.jpg

post-80000-0-06587100-1552828343_thumb.jpg

PERFECT weather for ride ! [emoji106] Okay, also perfect weather to stay in bed .... started my ride almost an hour later than initially planned. After 50m I turned back home to get my long sleeve top .... Finally time to get going :whistling:

attachicon.gifLR-2.jpg

Now a couple of lekker tar road hills to wake up the muscles before getting to the trail entrance at St John street. But first a few pics along the way. Nice MISTY morning ...

attachicon.gifLR-4.jpg

Shame, look at this house at the start of the Traverse. Must have happened in the last couple of weeks ...

attachicon.gifLR-5.jpg

The light and the mist was simply superb for photography !! I just had to stop every so often for a few more pics, and for some more ....

attachicon.gifLR-7.jpg

attachicon.gifLR-8.jpg

attachicon.gifLR-9.jpg

attachicon.gifLR-10.jpg

So what am I going to use to keep this spoke safe for the ride home ? :whistling: Oooo, after reading and commenting on the toolbag threads I have yet to actually put cable ties in my toolbag :wacko: :oops:

attachicon.gifLR-12.jpg

PS - sharing this photo with a friend I was given a bit of advice ... bend the spoke 180 degrees, hold the nipple with your fingers, turn the spoke out .... I tested it, and it actually works ..... :clap: handy tip when "fun" happens along the trail ... [emoji106]

Or next time you can just twist the spoke around the one next to it.

Started as a lekker ride. Snake bite put an end to that.

Took my boet for some wortelkoek to cheer him up.

Foamo lying and waiting was going to fit a more aggressive tyre in front for him anyway.

Now just adding Foamo to the rear and he should not have this problem again.

Get him to buy a stronger tyre for the back as well. Stiff sidewalls save tyres. And rims. Fact.