GCN+ Closing

WIPEOUT 1000

Aaargh. I literally just bought a year vpn subscription on Sunday to watch the cyclocross world cups and the grand tours next year. ... Hope the VPN will work with the uci YouTube channel as that shows the cx too  🤔😎

But still aaargh. I dont think that Chris Ball and his team thought this through very well when they took over.

I really loved the gcn+ films. If you haven't watched them yet. Go watch the "slow- cycling" series before they go off. Those are amazing 

Edited by nigelhicks

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, JCey said:

Loved it, hope we can figure something else out. Anything that's ad free is worth paying for. Or are we all going to klap together for a mass DSTV premium account?

Don’t get too excited, only one person would be able to stream it at a time anyways 🙄😂 

WBD own Eurosport, Discovery+ and TNT Sport.

BT Sport has been rebranded into TNT Sport, with Eurosport to follow after the Paris Olympics.

Seems Discovery+ is the streaming service, while I would assume TNT includes satellite /cable. Guessing?

Subscription to Discovery+ is £6.99 per month, or about R150-odd per month, assuming a VPN connection works. I guess we will have to wait for the announcement from WBD in the (near) future. It allows me to start the sign-up process provide I’m “in the UK”.

IMG_0541.png.546262afdf13b8bbf2b779472c634314.png

14 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

Some of the documentaries were top notch. I suppose I have to binge watch them all before the service closes. I have a month. 

And here I was hoping for all of them to soon appear under GCN-without-the-+'s Youtube channel...

2 hours ago, Akon said:

And here I was hoping for all of them to soon appear under GCN-without-the-+'s Youtube channel...

I'm hoping they do appear somewhere and are not lost for ever. A GCN+ subscription was on my "in the near future" list just so that I could watch those films. I've found that since they launched GCN+ that the free content has suffered and I was looking for more.

This is quite sad, never used to watch other cycling than the Redbull mtb XC, and then stumbled on to the last week of the 2022 TDT, since then we got the GCN subscription with a vpn and started to enjoy so much more cycling, track, cyclocross, other road races and the documentaries. I hope there will be a way to still get the same access to these events somehow. I am not convinced local broadcasters will broadcast even 15% of the content that was available on the platform.

It looks as if the often expressed fears that the UCI's decision to ditch RBTV would lead to hell for viewers is starting to come true. I subscribed on an annual basis and am now due a refund with no indication how I will get to watch the racing next year. The options that have been put up here don't appeal to me - a monthly subscription plus the possibility of a VPN being necessary, making the whole exercise even more expensive. The UCI and big media like WBD is hated for a reason. 

I do not, i repeat, I DO NOT understand why they would stop millions of subscriptions worldwide in order for just a few in some European countries? How the hell does that make any sense?

4 hours ago, BMCfan said:

I do not, i repeat, I DO NOT understand why they would stop millions of subscriptions worldwide in order for just a few in some European countries? How the hell does that make any sense?

Supersport ... 😡

15 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Supersport ... 😡

So as I have never had a DSTV subscription ... what would that put one back every month in order to watch supersport?