@Jewbacca`s Munga 2024 Challenge / Fundraising for SPCA

DJuice

BikeHubber`s /Cyclist

Let`s unite in support of a worthy cause to get @Jewbaccaon the start line for Munga 2024 in raising funds for the SPCA.

@Jewbaccaneeds no introduction as Hubber and super endurance athlete with a few crazy accomplishments along the way.

It is a known fact that @Jewbacca holds the CTCT record for a BMX bike, he has a fondness of toddler bikes and can survive for days on the mountain in his flannel shirt.

A donation page is setup, please support @Jewbacca

https://www.backabuddy.co.za/champion/project/guy-mckechnie-5775266972112879795

All the best @Jewbacca

PS. you really do not need to do it on a 20inch bike.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, peetwindhoek said:

Can we please see the chosen weapon's current state!

hahahaha I will take some pictures a bit later. I unfortunately have to work today!

A6850144-12F5-4AC2-973B-B7D3FCE0DD03.jpeg.0be14d38606ddcb599b8d5bd4e17f46f.jpegThe friends @Jewbaccais raising funds to ride the Munga 2024 for the benefit of SPCA.

Our rescues:

The eldest, Jack Black aka Jacky. Rescued from Riemvasmaak.

Falcon, the greyhound, was used for hunting. The were three unfortunately only two could be rescued. My name suggestion, Kipchoge, was voted out.

Our latest, Wolvie, the children named him while reading a book Wolvie Dik. In my mind, named after that bikeshop in UAE.

I know they do not look like reacues any longer, myself aslo no longer athletic, blame my wife.

35C73870-627C-4F20-87F4-E67469CCC618.jpeg.5765908d8ef1395ecc2180d2b8dc920e.jpegAC01688E-2A77-4014-B93D-2E60166A6BC6.jpeg.95e5bcfade778dee31d2572ccb8d838f.jpeg

41 minutes ago, DJuice said:

A6850144-12F5-4AC2-973B-B7D3FCE0DD03.jpeg.0be14d38606ddcb599b8d5bd4e17f46f.jpegThe friends @Jewbaccais raising funds to ride the Munga 2024 for the benefit of SPCA.

Our rescues:

The eldest, Jack Black aka Jacky. Rescued from Riemvasmaak.

Falcon, the greyhound, was used for hunting. The were three unfortunately only two could be rescued. My name suggestion, Kipchoge, was voted out.

Our latest, Wolvie, the children named him while reading a book Wolvie Dik. In my mind, named after that bikeshop in UAE.

I know they do not look like reacues any longer, myself aslo no longer athletic, blame my wife.

35C73870-627C-4F20-87F4-E67469CCC618.jpeg.5765908d8ef1395ecc2180d2b8dc920e.jpegAC01688E-2A77-4014-B93D-2E60166A6BC6.jpeg.95e5bcfade778dee31d2572ccb8d838f.jpeg

Maar daai is mooi Honde!

I have two rescues as well. I wanted neither of them. They are both idiots who bark at birds, eat cat poo like sweeties, roll  in human poo and rotting dead things and chew holes in our socks which they steal off the clothes horse.

I always joke when my wife wakes me up when I fall asleep with them downstairs cuddled on the couch that there is no love as pure as the love between a man and the dog (dogs) he didn't want.

100% for rescue dogs. Had a few, one left and won't consider anything but a rescue in the years to come.

I'm in full support of anyone willing to commit their time and efforts to raise funds and awareness for any animal charity. 🤙

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Maar daai is mooi Honde!

I have two rescues as well. I wanted neither of them. They are both idiots who bark at birds, eat cat poo like sweeties, roll  in human poo and rotting dead things and chew holes in our socks which they steal off the clothes horse.

I always joke when my wife wakes me up when I fall asleep with them downstairs cuddled on the couch that there is no love as pure as the love between a man and the dog (dogs) he didn't want.

Ours see Ape **** as a treat…

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Maar daai is mooi Honde!

Also have 2 rescues, also did not want either. They destroy my lawn and keep chewing anything that is left within reach.

But their personalities exactly match the child they were adopted for, its actually uncanny. One is docile and kinda lazy, the other energetic and mischievous. 

On 12/7/2023 at 1:46 PM, DJuice said:

BikeHubber`s /Cyclist

Let`s unite in support of a worthy cause to get @Jewbaccaon the start line for Munga 2024 in raising funds for the SPCA.

@Jewbaccaneeds no introduction as Hubber and super endurance athlete with a few crazy accomplishments along the way.

It is a known fact that @Jewbacca holds the CTCT record for a BMX bike, he has a fondness of toddler bikes and can survive for days on the mountain in his flannel shirt.

A donation page is setup, please support @Jewbacca

https://www.backabuddy.co.za/champion/project/guy-mckechnie-5775266972112879795

All the best @Jewbacca

PS. you really do not need to do it on a 20inch bike.

Great idea, talk about pressure for Jewbacca 😅

As I understand this initiative is to raise the entry costs for Jewbacca, how will the funds for the SPCA be generated?

Edited by SwissVan

48 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

As I understand this initiative is to raise the entry costs for Jewbacca, how will the funds for the SPCA be generated?

I'm a member of their fundraising team. I will generate a donation link once 2024 is set up, so when I everest or do Swartberg GF etc on the BMX in the build up to Munga people can donate that way

I think my last BMX ride raised close to 20k so I'm hoping that I can do a bit more with more time to prepare this year

2 hours ago, SwissVan said:

SwissVan correct, we need to tackle this  Munga 2024 like a stage race.

Stage 1, get @Jewbacca on the start line with that 20inch wheel. Hopefully more to get the fundraising rolling.

Stage 2, fundraising through SPCA like with @gemmerbal, by the way you do get your section 18A receipts!

Stage 3, open for suggestions, raffle, perhaps @Patchelicious can be entised to take a wager. @Patchelicious was a great sport and even from far in the country with grey skies, managed to drop dogfood in Raaswater, try finding Raaswater on the map!

Stage 4, pledges from Hubbers, time estimate…

To be honset, I have not thought pass stage 1, all I know is that reduced entry fee(not sure it is still available) gives us a small window to enter and evolve.

BikeHub’s community is diversed, different skill sets sure we can figure this out for the love of bikes!, cycling!, and our daily companions.

Currently the only exercise I get is from walking the dogs and riding bikes with my kids.

On 12/10/2023 at 11:21 AM, DJuice said:

SwissVan correct, we need to tackle this  Munga 2024 like a stage race.

Stage 1, get @Jewbacca on the start line with that 20inch wheel. Hopefully more to get the fundraising rolling.

Stage 2, fundraising through SPCA like with @gemmerbal, by the way you do get your section 18A receipts!

Stage 3, open for suggestions, raffle, perhaps @Patchelicious can be entised to take a wager. @Patchelicious was a great sport and even from far in the country with grey skies, managed to drop dogfood in Raaswater, try finding Raaswater on the map!

Stage 4, pledges from Hubbers, time estimate…

To be honset, I have not thought pass stage 1, all I know is that reduced entry fee(not sure it is still available) gives us a small window to enter and evolve.

BikeHub’s community is diversed, different skill sets sure we can figure this out for the love of bikes!, cycling!, and our daily companions.

Currently the only exercise I get is from walking the dogs and riding bikes with my kids.

Always happy to help.

I'll pledge a bag of dog food to the same doggy sanctuary for every 100km that Guy manages.

Will double it if he does it on a BMX.

Edited by Patchelicious