HUB Member for 3hrs - wants to buy my bike!?

Cleaver

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh **** I see now you said 3 hours. I misread it as 3 years; long day at work. Eish 3 hours is too short for my liking. Bikehub pay. 

Real question - Why the resistance to Bike Hub Pay ?

For the price (and risk) of a bike purchase it is just an obvious choice if you cant conclude the deal in person.

Hours, days, even years as a member is no real measure of their integrity.

@Me rida my bicycle sold a bike for me in 2021.  The buyer searched google, saw the add and only registered to make the offer. 

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Use BikeHub pay

Seriously, It's so easy. 

There really is no reason to be scammed on BikeHub when selling anything of any va;lue anymore

Yeah it’s actually that easy if we honest with ourselves.. immediately say bikehubpay only, your scammers will bail quick, a genuine person is never going to have a problem with it.. 🤙🏻 or a couple bucks for the peace of mind 

Something recently caught my eye but the hubber was also only a member for a few months with no trader rating. Also in another province. Made an offer via bikehub pay which also included the extra lure of a 5-star review if everything goes smoothly (they have other things listed too)

Everything went great…I got what i wanted for a great price and a relatively new hubber got a 5star rating and is now considered trade-christened, which as you know, is worth gold on here if you want to buy and sell stuff easier.

Edited by MORNE

3 hours ago, splat said:

Was his offer reasonable ?
Is he based on an oil rig ?
Is he buying the bike for his nephew ?
Will he pay via Skrill
Will he send a driver to collect ?

If they send an Uber to collect it is a scam .An uber driver saved us from a scam .When he saw the delivery address he told us it was a scammer that he delivered to previously 

15 hours ago, guidodg said:

not sure what the problem is here...wait for the money to clear in your account and then ship the bike...

if you were the buyer then it would be a different story...

Caveat... if the buyer makes a cheque deposit, the funds could clear and everything may feel above board, leaving the seller with a false sense of security as the cheque can still be revoked.

I'd stick with BikeHub Pay