2024 UCI MTB World Championships Andorra

Popejohn

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Only the Brits can make the bronze medalist the key subject of a headline while making it looks like it’s not

image.png.4f6a3375150a6cbfb84e5ba08747fa5a.png

They really are a joke. Next time we start Sista Bettina once they start "God save the queen"

8 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

You know what amazes me apart from the performances by Candice and Alan, is that despite CSA giving team SA a proper middle finger, they still arrived to support the athletes who got the nod, and this most likely on their own dime. 

This pic of her husband holding the umbrella for Candice speaks volumes. In fact, it is shouting out that CSA are a bunch of wan... never mind.

@Matt we need to review the language policy because what better word to use 🤣

23 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Incredible result for her, and could even have been so much more. Quite amazing to see such an improvement in XCO after so many years on the scene.

New coach last year, husband fully behind the privateer gig. Can't believe she hasn't been signed up to a factory team already.

After her performances this year, I’d expect shes already got some nice options for next season on her table. 

So who wears the rainbow jersey at World Cup XCO between TP and AH?
edit: spelling

Edited by nathrix

hold up, does he *have* to now wear the World Cup leaders jersey at the next World Cup at Lake Placid?

no rainbow jersey? 

5 minutes ago, rock said:

hold up, does he *have* to now wear the World Cup leaders jersey at the next World Cup at Lake Placid?

no rainbow jersey? 

yes but that jersey can have the World Championship stripes on the sleeve cuffs

2 minutes ago, rock said:

sucks to be that good at bike racing😆

indeed and when I see a MAMIL draped in rainbow stripes riding a ACME Proper but pre-fueled for a Munga x2 I soema wanna take a can of spray paint and go grafitti. World Champs stripes should be earned the hard way, not bought off a shelf

#provemewrong

20 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

indeed and when I see a MAMIL draped in rainbow stripes riding a ACME Proper but pre-fueled for a Munga x2 I soema wanna take a can of spray paint and go grafitti. World Champs stripes should be earned the hard way, not bought off a shelf

#provemewrong

People can wear what they want mate. I hate this elitist mentality in cycling.

16 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

People can wear what they want mate. I hate this elitist mentality in cycling.

Sure as long as it’s not got WC stripes. 
part of the issues in our world today is that we believe everyone is entitled to anything without earning it.

6 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Sure as long as it’s not got WC stripes. 
part of the issues in our world today is that we believe everyone is entitled to anything without earning it.

Also part of the issues in the world is people taking offence to everything.