Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

Not sure how true this is, but my father said his running club had a member who was bike jacked while riding on plum pudding two weekends ago. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A man brandishing a knife chased a mountain bike rider on Table Mountain on Sunday and made off with the rider’s bike and sunglasses.

Darryl Colenbrander of Vredehoek was riding the uphill stretch between Devil’s Peak and the Rhodes Memorial in the Table Mountain National Park at around 4.45pm on Sunday when a man ran at him from behind, pointing a knife.

http://citizen.co.za/news/news-national/1379841/man-wielding-knife-chases-mountain-bike-rider-on-table-mountain/

• 2 weeks later...

Durbanville police have issued a warning after a cyclist was robbed on Wednesday.

Police spokesperson Lieutenant-Colonel Theo Fisher says a cyclist was approached by two suspects in Wellington Road. “The cyclist was robbed and they fled the scene with his mountain bike.”

Fisher says the criminals are targeting cyclists along Wellington Road between Dumonte and Boland streets.
Commuters / Sport Cyclists are advised to cycle to or from work / training in groups.

Does any one know about the details of this incident, I cycled this road every day and this is a new development to me. I am aware of the Bloemendaler incident

Seems like a increase of hijacks and stolen bikes in Durbanville this last week or so 

Driving to work at 5am this morning ,I was amazed at all the traffic coming from the city.Drivers skipping traffic lights,driving without lights and speeding.If you are driving or cycling tomorrow morning take care ,there will be some crazy people on the roads.Stay safe!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I avoid the R304 any further than the Welgevonden traffic light. On the R44 I always use the shoulder of the inbound road no matter if I'm coming or going.