• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

FACTS OF THE DAY

Today is National Cookie Day in the United States. If South Africa doesn't have this holiday, it damn well should.

All allied pilots shot down in World War II who lost their Rolex watches had them replaced by Rolex, free of charge.

FACTS OF THE DAY

Today is National Cookie Day in the United States. If South Africa doesn't have this holiday, it damn well should.

All allied pilots shot down in World War II who lost their Rolex watches had them replaced by Rolex, free of charge.

http://sampleaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/cookiemonsterapproves.jpg

FACTS OF THE DAY

pilots must have been well paid in WWII

pilots must have been well paid in WWII

Not much has changed. From what I hear, our pilots here at SAA can pay for a rolex for each of their family members. There is a story doing the rounds her in technical at the moment that an A340 captain left a payslip in the cockpit and it was found by a technician. I never saw it or a picture but if the rumor is truth then our pilots are VERY well paid.

Not much has changed. From what I hear, our pilots here at SAA can pay for a rolex for each of their family members. There is a story doing the rounds her in technical at the moment that an A340 captain left a payslip in the cockpit and it was found by a technician. I never saw it or a picture but if the rumor is truth then our pilots are VERY well paid.

I know a few airline pilots, and lets just say they are doing ok. ;)

I have absolutely no idea what the current status is but soon after '94 SAA had a problem with retaining their pilots as they could earn much more outside of SA.  So not sure if the problem was fixed or not.

I have absolutely no idea what the current status is but soon after '94 SAA had a problem with retaining their pilots as they could earn much more outside of SA.  So not sure if the problem was fixed or not.

Their union is brilliant. We obviously hear stories about their t&c's when it comes to increase negotiations and this year we got told that they currently fly 60 hours a month at "normal pay" and anything over that is overtime pay. The company wanted to increase it by 10% to 66 hours per month and they flipped them the bird. I would think the problem has been solved because we have okes lining up to fly for us and once they in they make sure they stay. I got a buddy who's Dad retired a few years back on the jumbo's and despite his and his Dad's best efforts the best he can currently do is fly for Airlink.

An 85-year-old man was requested by his Doctor for a sperm count as part of his physical Exam. The doctor gave the man a jar and said, "Take this jar home and bring back a semen sample tomorrow."*

The next day the 85-year-old man reappeared at the doctor's office and gave him the jar, which was as clean and empty as on the previous day.*

The doctor asked what happened and the man explained, 'Well, doc, it's like this -- first*I tried with my right hand, but nothing. Then I tried with my left hand, but still nothing. 'Then I asked my wife for help. She tried with her right hand, then with her left, still nothing. She tried with her mouth, first with the teeth in, then with her teeth out, still nothing.*

'We even called up Arleen, the lady next door and she tried too, first with both hands, then an Armpit, and she even tried squeezin' it between Her knees, but still nothing.'*

The doctor was shocked! 'You asked your neighbor?'*

The old man replied, 'Yep, none of us could get the jar open.'

An elderly man in Oklahoma calls his son in New York and says,

"I hate to ruin your day son, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are getting a divorce; 45 years of marriage... and that much misery is enough!"

"Dad, what are you talking about?" the son yells.

"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the old dad explained. "We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Hong Kong and tell her!".

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone.

"Like heck they're getting divorced," she shouts, "I'll take care of this."

She calls her elderly father immediately, and screams at him, "You are not getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, you hear me?" she yelled as she hung up the phone. 

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. "Okay", he says, "it's all set. They're both coming for Christmas and paying their own air-fare."