I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

How do you even know that?

I must have missed that particular Geography lesson 30 odd years ago.

Back from when I had my pilot's licence...

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I just love the dude protecting himself with a towel... like all the titanic needed was to hand a towel down the side...

i dig the bird in the stars and stripes bikini with the tigerprint towel. now that's a killer vibe right there.

I got this for my 10th birthday...a day before me dad and I went fishing for a week...very few wattle saplings survived that week

http://www.gear4dad.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/3/33081_rambo_style.jpg

I used the same knife in February 1986, by now not 10 years old anymore, to carve my initials and H.C. with the date on a wattle tree on the banks of the Vaalriver.

The H.C. was for sighting Hally's Comet...it sported two tails that night and was supposed to be at it's brightest only in March 1986, but my recollections were that February were better.

Not long after the bolt holding the blade and handle together worked loose and I moved on to other knives

google "cloud formations" and wham... 

They are lenticulars, but even so they are quite special and not the normal wave cloud one sees downwind of table mountain on strong NW wind days.

On this day we had unusual conditions with a SE pushing up and over the mountain from the south and a moderate to strong NW on the Northern side. The turbulence in the shear layer between the two layers must have been quite interesting and that with a very high moisture content of the air resulted in these beautiful clouds.

Off course, it could just be the most obvious answer, which is aliens....

They are lenticulars, but even so they are quite special and not the normal wave cloud one sees downwind of table mountain on strong NW wind days.

On this day we had unusual conditions with a SE pushing up and over the mountain from the south and a moderate to strong NW on the Northern side. The turbulence in the shear layer between the two layers must have been quite interesting and that with a very high moisture content of the air resulted in these beautiful clouds.

http://i.imgur.com/oz23crY.jpg

We experienced exactly that (not aliens, sorry) while riding there yesterday. Southeaster on the Newlands side of the Kings blockhouse and Northwester on the City side of it. I'm just disappointed I missed the cloud formations.

We experienced exactly that (not aliens, sorry) while riding there yesterday. Southeaster on the Newlands side of the Kings blockhouse and Northwester on the City side of it. I'm just disappointed I missed the cloud formations.

You didn't miss them, D - you frikkin hit them head on!

Years ago, early one Sunday morning, a certain daredevil Capetonian in a Lightning buzzed the presidents house in Rondebosch and caused me to literally fall out of bed with fright and our cat to jump off the 3rd floor balcony. That monster was loud, so loud that whenever they flew it at air shows in the 1st world, they regularly had to pay fines for using airports  because they were way above the allowable noise levels.

that was Mike Beachy Head owner of Thunder City - i think his excuse was that he buzzed the Sunday morning mass at his old school Bishops.

and a kettie

Yeah. Also thought a kettie will be fine for my 6year old. He shot out my bakkie's canopy side window. Cost of one stone = R1250.00. Have to replace whole unit Edited by cjlieben

I got this for my 10th birthday...a day before me dad and I went fishing for a week...very few wattle saplings survived that week

http://www.gear4dad.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/3/33081_rambo_style.jpg

When I was about 6-7 we lived in Irene. As you came off the highway towards Dooringkloof, there is a field to your left, with storm tunnels under the road and bushes on the right.

My rambo knife exactly like this one, my kettie a pocket full of marlbles and I protected that area from all the baddies.

And even though I could always see our house from where I was, I would ALWAYS used the compass to navigate back home :)

Edited by Patchelicious

HELL YES> 

Never played the game itself, but I love the lore behind it and really really really want to see this. 

It was a great series back in the day. Didn't play the first one, but watched some mates play it. Had a try at the 2nd one, it was okay. Enjoyed Warcraft 3, and the Frozen Throne expansion.