• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it still dry?

not sure, but 30 years ago on my Plett post matric pss-up (now diplomatically called Plett Rage), the biggest pss-cats I came accross were from Fish Hoek. Those okes literally drank from the time they woke up till the time they passed out. Carried on like that for about a week.

100th anniversary of Battle of the Somme today. Farking stoopid politicians.

Agree, hundreds of thousands died for the ambitions of one !!  :cursing:  :thumbdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tv5gBa9DQs

What irks me, on the 15th we celebrate Delville Wood, and our dear Mr Zuma decides that the 12th suits him better! South Africa's bigger Hoorah in the war and our leader cannot have the decency to commemorate its 100 th anniversary on the right date! Edited by CDK

What irks me, on the 15th we celebrate Delville Wood, and our dear Mr Zuma decides that the 12th suits him better! South Africa's bigger Hoorah in the war and our leader cannot have the decency to commemorate its 100 th anniversary on the right date!

I'm sure it wasn't deliberate. You know he has a problem with numbers (and dates are numbers too).

2def9909e85e4ff941cc6d7d7fdbf942.jpg

Forget this part, we didn't even have the Internet as kids... 

This image does make me think of not so good old days when Telkom used to have that thing where between 19:00 - 07:00 you only paid R7.00 for a call, and we'd all sit waiting for 19:00:01 to try connect...I feel old :P

The nostalgia of the dial-up post got me to take out my original Windows 3.1 disks.

6x1.44MB disks for the OS, and 1x1.44MB disk with the optional printer drivers.

I'm sure there's kids who will assume that the above is a typo and will have never even seen disks like this...haha

Now I really feel old...

post-63215-0-44160400-1467523903_thumb.jpg

post-63215-0-49150800-1467523909_thumb.jpg

Forget this part, we didn't even have the Internet as kids...

This image does make me think of not so good old days when Telkom used to have that thing where between 19:00 - 07:00 you only paid R7.00 for a call, and we'd all sit waiting for 19:00:01 to try connect...I feel old :P

Yip, internet only came a bit later for me as well, on my Pentium 3. Thought the Pentium was the best thing since sliced bread at that time.