Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on this?

15966009_1277901505612706_82378600536612

Just thinking even if there was no 'time' as such days and nights would still pass as they do and limit what we could do at which parts of the day/night and we would adapt around that. How would that be different ....

Just thinking even if there was no 'time' as such days and nights would still pass as they do and limit what we could do at which parts of the day/night and we would adapt around that. How would that be different ....

See Einstein's Theory of Special Relativity viz Spacetime (I agree with you by the way).

And time does exist, that picture is silly. It's like saying physics doesn't exist just because it's been named. The elements are all there whatever they are called.

Any thoughts on this?

15966009_1277901505612706_82378600536612

The sentiments are cute, but thats a *** statement. Of course time exists.

To ignore realities because it makes us feel better is also a bit childish.

What next? Next thing you know we will believe in imaginary friends who look after us.

Edited by Patchelicious

The sentiments are cute, but thats a *** statement. Of course time exists.

To ignore realities because it makes us feel better is also a bit childish.

What next? Next thing you know we will believe imaginary friends who look after us.

I'm sure time does exist, it's good to get some feedback on that pic.

I'm sure time does exist, it's good to get some feedback on that pic.

I think what the pic is saying is that time as we understand it does not exist. For instance if you travel at speed of light time slows down. So if you left earth and travelled at the speed of light and then returned to earth, you would have exprienced less elapsed time than those left behind on earth.

Or something like that...

I think what the pic is saying is that time as we understand it does not exist. For instance if you travel at speed of light time slows down. So if you left earth and travelled at the speed of light and then returned to earth, you would have exprienced less elapsed time than those left behind on earth.

Or something like that...

still does not make sense.

a few days before a deadline time drags by .... the day of a deadline time is flipping fast.

same as when you wait to leave on holiday.... 15min before you leave feels like 8 hours, a months holiday feels like a few days.

still does not make sense.

a few days before a deadline time drags by .... the day of a deadline time is flipping fast.

same as when you wait to leave on holiday.... 15min before you leave feels like 8 hours, a months holiday feels like a few days.

I agree it doesn't make sense. But it makes sense to people way cleverer than me.