• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Not a gun fan, but rather a craftsman fan....

but those Purdey and Holland & Hollands are awesome

and a great soundtrack to the clip :P

And this is a side-by-side Marc Newson did for Baretta a year or three ago: https://www.dezeen.com/2014/11/14/marc-newson-486-shotgun-beretta/

Just some of the useless, but interesting, things I keep in my head:

Beretta is the oldest gunmaker in the world. Their first firearms were made for the city of Venice in 15something. That means that they were in the business from the very development of rudimentary firearms to the modern era, about 500 years. That is amazing for anyone in manufacturing technology. They have belonged to the same family all that time. They are still based in the same town in Italy, the name escapes me now. But they are not nearly the oldest company / business around. There are about 150 companies older than them, most of which are in the hotel or restaurant business. A great part of those are Japanese and European. As for family owned companies, Beretta is the 14th oldest one.  

If you want to know more, ask Google, I have a headache!

Edited by DJR

Beretta is the oldest gunmaker in the world. Their first firearms were made for the city of Venice in 15something. That means that they were in the business from the very development of rudimentary firearms to the modern era, about 500 years. That is amazing for anyone in manufacturing technology. They have belonged to the same family all that time. They are still based in the same town in Italy, the name escapes me now. But they are not nearly the oldest company / business around. There are about 150 companies older than them, most of which are in the hotel or restaurant business. A great part of those are Japanese and European. As for family owned companies, Beretta is the 14th oldest one.  

Nice! As far as useless info goes, that's pretty nifty!

I've always thought I might like to give Whistler a go, but looking at those crowds with everyone trying to out-stoke the next oke, I'll give it a miss. Trails must be awesome, but that is too much like Canal Walk at the end of the month.

I've always thought I might like to give Whistler a go, but looking at those crowds with everyone trying to out-stoke the next oke, I'll give it a miss. Trails must be awesome, but that is too much like Canal Walk at the end of the month.

From what I've seen, the crowds can be next-level, but there is a lot more to Whistler than just the big flow lines. 

It's still on my bucket list. Hitting Top of the World must be an amazing experience. 

a quick google :

https://www.forbes.com/2011/06/17/oldest-family-businesses_slide.html

(neglected to read this is american ones only, not international)

http://www.griequity.com/resources/industryandissues/familybusiness/oldestinworld.html