• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/170089-pole-bicycles-why-aren%E2%80%99t-we-going-for-carbon-frames/?source=lfp

Yes yes, cross thread linking.

BUT! It is awesome because a company is standing up for what it believes in.

bollocks.

that is not why they dropped it, but positive spin to try make them look good after some bum decisions. and you fell for it.

That's what Bell Pottinger do did

I was well and truly schooled this afternoon ..... by my 7 year old daughter.

She asked me to add 6 + 5. Now I thought I knew how to add 6 + 5 ...... well little did I know that it is not so simple as just counting from 6 with 5 fingers. No No NO (!) Dad, that is not right .... :huh: :huh:

She drew this double ten grid thingy, like in the video. How did I find the video? I had to ask on the Mom's Whats App group what this grid thingy was  :wacko:  :blush:

You see, 6 + 4 = 10, but you borrow 4 from the 5 to make 10 and have 1 left over.

So now the sum is 10 + 1 = 11.

That is the right answer Dad :blink: :blink:

I just hung my head in shame and gave her ice cream for dessert. Mixed emotions of embarrassment  :thumbdown:   and pride :clap: (her schooling me) and a whole lot of fear for the future of my 2nd time round at school maths. Cause heaven help us me when she asks about Mr Imaginary number, i ! :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDw6igbLMw8

I was well and truly schooled this afternoon ..... by my 7 year old daughter.

She asked me to add 6 + 5. Now I thought I knew how to add 6 + 5 ...... well little did I know that it is not so simple as just counting from 6 with 5 fingers. No No NO (!) Dad, that is not right .... :huh: :huh:

She drew this double ten grid thingy, like in the video. How did I find the video? I had to ask on the Mom's Whats App group what this grid thingy was :wacko: :blush:

You see, 6 + 4 = 10, but you borrow 4 from the 5 to make 10 and have 1 left over.

So now the sum is 10 + 1 = 11.

That is the right answer Dad :blink: :blink:

I just hung my head in shame and gave her ice cream for dessert. Mixed emotions of embarrassment :thumbdown: and pride :clap: (her schooling me) and a whole lot of fear for the future of my 2nd time round at school maths. Cause heaven help us me when she asks about Mr Imaginary number, i ! :eek:

Just a different way of visualising long addition.

If you wanna have your mind blown, have a look at how the Chinese teach multiplication

Just a different way of visualising long addition.

If you wanna have your mind blown, have a look at how the Chinese teach multiplication

It is not about mind blown - but about being corrected aka schooled by  a 7 yr old.

And I have another 20 something odd years a life time of this to come ... :)

The articles in Scope were usually quite good [emoji4] [emoji15][emoji6]

8c7a1c6e61057b6c4fea40b600327340.jpg

60bec3fdac817318ce02e2f42ec5a9e1.jpg

b394c3ceda13c73a003f84e0463a0916.jpg

ecb7c3de1df193d354184b1e3c8c60b2.jpg

Didn't the women in those magazines have stars on their boobies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk