• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, i remember all that stuff and still consider myself a lightie, I'm getting old

You are still a lightie.  I was at work when you guys were playing these games.  My vintage had the radio for entertainment.  Mark Saxon, Creaking Door, Taxi and the Friday night special - LM Hit Parade!  Corner shops had mechanical pin ball machines at best.

You are still a lightie.  I was at work when you guys were playing these games.  My vintage had the radio for entertainment.  Mark Saxon, Creaking Door, Taxi and the Friday night special - LM Hit Parade!  Corner shops had mechanical pin ball machines at best.

Did you go to school with Father Christmas Uncle David :P

Pinball

The cafe around the corner had 3 machines, which took the old nickel 5 c coins. One day mate by accident found out that one of the machines mistook  (the then newer tiny) 1/2 cent coins for a 5 c...

The next Saturday we held a tournament in the cafe...

Monday when my mom sent me for bread, I had to ride to another cafe about 2 km away, as the cafe-owner chased me out with a sjambok when I walked in...

similar story, except a just a bit more grown up.

anyone remember Garage in matieland? well they got a beer vending machine in, not sure of legalities, but it made sense. just put some coins in and get a beer instead of queueing at the bar. 

So one of our seniors comes back from the holidays, he was from Zim. the Zim 20c or something was a very close to our R2 coin and would work in some machines. He had a huge pile of these, probably like 500 - was something like the equivalent of R15. Comes to a whole group and says, okes, you're drinking on me tonight - we can only do this once, so let's do it properly. We cleaned out that machine, they even refilled it when someone complained. and then cleaned it out again.

the beer vending machine wasn't there on our next visit