I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

I am the bomb in my turtle neck and perfectly groomed hair... think of me as the ron burgundy of sensitivity. TGIF

And you have a beard. Oh my sack, the perfect modern day man... Puff away on your very masculine blueberry muffin mix of vape, you specimen you. Have a lekker weekend too.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

She needs a new doctor. Or needs to educate herself.

The IUDs like the Mirena makes this rant pointless.

Pointless? You seem to prove her point perfectly.

Ummm....

https://www.rxlist.com/mirena-side-effects-drug-center.htm#

Nausea, weight gain, tender everything, vomiting, depression, bloating and about 20 other fun side effects. Yeah - why is she having moan??

Hmmmm, maybe I'm fooled by our sample size of one, or call it Anecdotal, but the mirena changed my wife's life for the better. Or maybe we were lucky three times (before children and after both children.)

As soon as we reach consensus on how many kids we want, then I'll go for the Snip, bit I sure won't be sending a tweet out about it and then pinning it to remain at the top.

You can't interfere with a biological process and not expect some side effects. It's a trade off and sometimes you pick the lesser of three evils. Even paracetamols and antihistamines have long leaflets....

Edited by PhilipV

Hmmmm, maybe I'm fooled by our sample size of one population. call it Anecdotal, but the mirena changed my wife's life for the better. Or maybe we were lucky three times (before children and after both children.)

As soon as we reach consensus on how many kids we want, then I'll go for the Snip, bit I sure won't be sending a tweet out about it and then pinning it to remain at the top.

You can't interfere with a biological process and not expect some side effects. It's a trade off and sometimes you pick the lesser of three evils. Even paracetamols and antihistamines have long leaflets....

Agreed on all fronts.

My impression was that she was highlighting the fact that there is no male equivalent of birth control so essentially women are forced into side effects if they want to have sex.

It may be a bit of a social media rant but that doesn't lessen the message.

Isn’t this applicable to boys too?

Boys can get pregnant now and face prison for an abortion?  :huh:  :whistling:

.................... have long leaflets....

Those things are more scary than a black mamba crossed with a crocodile  ;)

...the mirena changed my wife's life for the better. ...

You can't interfere with a biological process and not expect some side effects...

You didn't mention any of your struggles or methods to prevent unwanted pregnancies - just your wife's?

pointless? You seem to prove her point perfectly.

You're right, calling it pointless is a bit of a stretch. I'll correct myself and just call her rant stupid.

She's cherry picking symptoms and methods to suit her narrative.