• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

[emoji33] that's frightening ..thay so kind feeling when you have no idea where your kids are.

Nevermind when we say its a miracle they made it to 18..it's a damn miracle parents don't die because of things their kids do.

My youngest (again with the youngest) used to follow his brother and cousins up everything..fallen plenty..

The one day we got home from wherever we were (my mom was keeping and eye on them..this should'vebeen a warning sign) and my eldest had patched his brother up..he had fallen out of a tree and big brother had fetch the plasters and cut them into strips just like the Dr did when he had to be patched up..and proudly said mommy I made sure he didn't fall asleep (he had knocked his head and had a cut above his eyebrows)..they must have been 7 and 5 at the time.[emoji2356]

My parents left my two brothers and myself in the care of ouma and oupa and departed for Namibia for a business trip. The afternoon that they left, I was pushing my younger brother around the garden on his bicycle, He was probably 6 or 7 at the time. Anyhow, he decided to steer into the fence and promptly fell off and started screaming his head off holding his arm.

Back inside, ouma gives him a Panado and says he will feel better soon. That evening he is still screaming, and ouma gives him another Panado and tells him to quit whining and go to bed.

The next day, around lunch time, mom and dad return (something about the business trip being cut short). Youngest is still screaming his head off holding his arm, and ouma is exasperated with this insolent child who won't quit his screaming and crying.

The folks gather him up and rush off to the hospital, only to find his arm was broken at the elbow. Straight into theater to have a plate and screws inserted.

Needless to say, ouma and oupa were given a reprimand of note, and sent packing back home.

My parents left my two brothers and myself in the care of ouma and oupa and departed for Namibia for a business trip. The afternoon that they left, I was pushing my younger brother around the garden on his bicycle, He was probably 6 or 7 at the time. Anyhow, he decided to steer into the fence and promptly fell off and started screaming his head off holding his arm.

Back inside, ouma gives him a Panado and says he will feel better soon. That evening he is still screaming, and ouma gives him another Panado and tells him to quit whining and go to bed.

The next day, around lunch time, mom and dad return (something about the business trip being cut short). Youngest is still screaming his head off holding his arm, and ouma is exasperated with this insolent child who won't quit his screaming and crying.

The folks gather him up and rush off to the hospital, only to find his arm was broken at the elbow. Straight into theater to have a plate and screws inserted.

Needless to say, ouma and oupa were given a reprimand of note, and sent packing back home.

I had the same thing happen to me, except it was my mom who told me to shut up and stop whining, there's no blood so it can't be that bad.

Fractured arm, from being double bounced on a trampoline.

She was most apologetic. And then said I should have said something. ????????????

I had the same thing happen to me, except it was my mom who told me to shut up and stop whining, there's no blood so it can't be that bad.

Fractured arm, from being double bounced on a trampoline.

She was most apologetic. And then said I should have said something.

I broke my leg when I was in standard 6 (grade 8 to all the millenials...) and had a cast from the thigh to the toe. One afternoon after school I was waiting for ma to pick me up. After standing around like an idiot for an hour I decide to toe it home. There's me, my school case slung on the back, and the crutches hopping home...all 6km of it.

Imagine my delight when I see my mum come driving up the road. Imagine my fury when she at first drives right by me without stopping. A few minutes later, she returned, all blustery and apologetic. By that time, the last cockroach had vacated the string between my ears, and I had jolly well had enough. 

I stood there screaming at my mum to leave, seeing as I only had a kilometer to go still, I may as well finish the frikken hike.

Did I mention it was raining? Lets just say the atmosphere at home was frigid for a few days. Of course, my boets could not contain themselves, and were ripping me off at every chance they got.

Lol

Years before I met her, "Wendys" late husband and her 16 yr old son were over in Nelspruit. Son was racing in a motocross competition. He'd crashed several times in recent years and had some serious and expensive injuries. Mom had said "that's it. One more injury and it's finished". So dad and son come home Sunday night after a weekend of racing. The lads on the back seat of the double cab with his leg up on the seat because he took a spill Sunday afternoon. He gets out the bakkie and Wendy says "what's wrong with him? Why is he limping?" Dad says "no he's fine man. Show your mom you're fine boy" so the lad walks up and down the driveway - clearly all is not well. Trip to hospital and he gets a cast for a spiral fracture of his leg..... He'd sat for 6 hrs and travelled hundreds of kms hoping no one would notice that he had a broken leg.....

I broke my leg when I was in standard 6 (grade 8 to all the millenials...) and had a cast from the thigh to the toe. One afternoon after school I was waiting for ma to pick me up. After standing around like an idiot for an hour I decide to toe it home. There's me, my school case slung on the back, and the crutches hopping home...all 6km of it.

Imagine my delight when I see my mum come driving up the road. Imagine my fury when she at first drives right by me without stopping. A few minutes later, she returned, all blustery and apologetic. By that time, the last cockroach had vacated the string between my ears, and I had jolly well had enough. 

I stood there screaming at my mum to leave, seeing as I only had a kilometer to go still, I may as well finish the frikken hike.

Did I mention it was raining? Lets just say the atmosphere at home was frigid for a few days. Of course, my boets could not contain themselves, and were ripping me off at every chance they got.

I can just picture that scene

tenor.gif?itemid=8869358

I bet it was uphill too.

I have never been on crutches luckily but I have been told that funny enough, up hills and stairs is a lot easier than down on crutches. Maybe the guys who have experience can let us know.

I have never been on crutches luckily but I have been told that funny enough, up hills and stairs is a lot easier than down on crutches. Maybe the guys who have experience can let us know.

Unless you really want an experience which makes OTB seem tame by comparison, be very, very careful when going down stairs on crutches.

"Prisencolinensinainciusol" (1972), written by Adriano Celentano, to mimic the way English sounds to non-English speakers despite being almost entirely nonsense. Thanks to Dara O'Briain who found it somewhere and shared it.

I bet it was uphill too.

In fact, it was up, down and flat. 

Be glad. Actually, stairs are quite simple really. You get the hang of them very quickly, and learn to center you balance. The risk to me was since I was a laaitie with two extra legs, it was not long until I started hoofing around the school corridors at speed like a giraffe on 'roids. I had one or two near-spills. Going up or down stairs or inclines became second nature since my school was a two story affair and some of my classes were on the first floor.

What got me was the weight of the cast bruising my ankle. I wore that dastardly cast for 2 months. It was shear hell.