• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I look forward to future updates from you as they get older . . . .  :-) 

So during lockdown (18 April), it was a Saturday morning and the 3 of them were happily playing together drawing and coloring, next second a mma fight breaks out and one of the twins gets klapped in the face. Initially I was like they must sort it out like men but then I just saw blood and lots of it. I ran up to the little guy and checked above his one eye there was a seriously deep cut. Told the wife to get ice, wrap it in a lappie, press it hard against his head and get the nappy bag ready. I rushed him off to the completely empty netcare hospital. ER room takes one look at it and says call the plastic surgeon and prep him for surgery. 22 months old and he had his first plastic surgery(You can hardly see the scar now), I can only imagine the hospital/Dr visits I have planned as they get older. Riding their bikes in the driveway gets pretty hairy at times.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

So during lockdown (18 April), it was a Saturday morning and the 3 of them were happily playing together drawing and coloring, next second a mma fight breaks out and one of the twins gets klapped in the face. Initially I was like they must sort it out like men but then I just saw blood and lots of it. I ran up to the little guy and checked above his one eye there was a seriously deep cut. Told the wife to get ice, wrap it in a lappie, press it hard against his head and get the nappy bag ready. I rushed him off to the completely empty netcare hospital. ER room takes one look at it and says call the plastic surgeon and prep him for surgery. 22 months old and he had his first plastic surgery(You can hardly see the scar now), I can only imagine the hospital/Dr visits I have planned as they get older. Riding their bikes in the driveway gets pretty hairy at times.

We got to the point where our youngest was instructed that there would be no rough play on Fridays as he would end up going for stitches on Fridays after a little rough play ..... 

Your story caused a whole flood of hair raising but also very good memories of all kinds of adventures that ended up in a pile. Cut tongue and split lip (Baby Jogger), broken nose (bike & Oak tree), broken leg (fall from desk), broken wrist (schooyard shinanigans), I still think the skull fracture was just in the radiologists imagination (fell out the car window, it was STATIONARY please note), lots of road rash (bikes), broken teeth, both milk teeth (wishing well) and permanent ones (hockey), bee stings (backyard) , spider bites (who knows where from), funny enough, never a black eye, never a complaint, always stuck to our story when we had to tell the wife and mother what happened. Just to be clear, my own accidents are not even included above........... but they are now 20 and 21, so I suppose it will add up........... ;)

Edited by DJR

Your story caused a whole flood of hair raising but also very good memories of all kinds of adventures that ended up in a pile. Cut tongue and split lip (Baby Jogger), broken nose (bike & Oak tree), broken leg (fall from desk), broken wrist (schooyard shinanigans), I still think the skull fracture was just in the radiologists imagination (fell out the car window, it was STATIONARY please note), lots of road rash (bikes), broken teeth, both milk teeth (wishing well) and permanent ones (hockey), bee stings (backyard) , spider bites (who knows where from), funny enough, never a black eye, never a complaint, always stuck to our story when we had to tell the wife and mother what happened. Just to be clear, my own accidents are not even included above........... but they are now 20 and 21, so I suppose it will add up........... ;)

Sounds like a normal childhood to me....

Between my brother and I we managed to deplete the medical savings account by June every year.

Good luck. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Ha ha ha..

Aye boys hey.

And these thing generally happen when you turn your back for just a moment.

You start feeling like a real bad parent when you have to complete that incident report at the ER.

My 2 nephews usd to spend a lot of time with us when they were little, se we'd end up having 4 boys separated by 6 years in age..fun times[emoji3061]

Edited by Gen

Ha ha ha..

You start feeling like a real bad parent when you have to complete that incident report at the ER.

And when you are on first name terms with the staff at your local ER ..... 

Youngest one hasn't even hit double digits yet and we have had  various facial cuts glued, stitches, broken teeth, minor jaw fracture.

Seem to have escaped broken legs and arms so far but probably wishful thinking on my part that won't happen. 

And when you are on first name terms with the staff at your local ER .....

Youngest one hasn't even hit double digits yet and we have had various facial cuts glued, stitches, broken teeth, minor jaw fracture.

Seem to have escaped broken legs and arms so far but probably wishful thinking on my part that won't happen.

Lol

It's a different world having boys (I think..don't know what it's like having girls is like) ER visits, closing malls because you've lost your kid....again...and it's not a lie when parents say one moment he was there the next he was gone..

You know I still worry about my escape artist when he goes riding or anywhere without company because of all the times he went walkabouts and he is now 17[emoji3061]

Edited by Gen

Lol

It's a different world having boys (I think..don't know what it's like having girls is like) ER visits, closing malls because you've lost your kid....again...and it's not a lie when parents say one moment he was there the next he was gone..

Oh that happens with girls as well.  With us it did not happen at a mall but at a company Christmas function for my wife.  One moment the youngest (think she was just a year max two old) was there at the jumping castle the next moment ... gone.  Searching frantickly aournd me I rememebered that there was a paticular staircase that she was interrested in before we went to the jumping castle.  I ran to the staircase to find her that she went up the stairs to the first floor and climbed on the railing.  If she had lost her balance she would have fallen at least 4 meters down.  Without trying to scare her and frighten her I just ran up the stairs as quicly as I can and calmly told her to hold tight till I got her and pulled her off.  Almost died 7 deaths there.

Oh that happens with girls as well. With us it did not happen at a mall but at a company Christmas function for my wife. One moment the youngest (think she was just a year max two old) was there at the jumping castle the next moment ... gone. Searching frantickly aournd me I rememebered that there was a paticular staircase that she was interrested in before we went to the jumping castle. I ran to the staircase to find her that she went up the stairs to the first floor and climbed on the railing. If she had lost her balance she would have fallen at least 4 meters down. Without trying to scare her and frighten her I just ran up the stairs as quicly as I can and calmly told her to hold tight till I got her and pulled her off. Almost died 7 deaths there.

[emoji33] that's frightening ..thay so kind feeling when you have no idea where your kids are.

Nevermind when we say its a miracle they made it to 18..it's a damn miracle parents don't die because of things their kids do.

My youngest (again with the youngest) used to follow his brother and cousins up everything..fallen plenty..

The one day we got home from wherever we were (my mom was keeping and eye on them..this should'vebeen a warning sign) and my eldest had patched his brother up..he had fallen out of a tree and big brother had fetch the plasters and cut them into strips just like the Dr did when he had to be patched up..and proudly said mommy I made sure he didn't fall asleep (he had knocked his head and had a cut above his eyebrows)..they must have been 7 and 5 at the time.[emoji2356]

Edited by Gen