Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just love the name they chose:

Retro Stainless Steel Brass Bicycle Bell Bike Sound Handlebar Classical Ring Horn Safety Cycling Bicycle Riding Sports 4 Color

Think they missed any key words?

Does anyone know where to get a bell that could go on a road bike? Like a Spur bell I think its called. Getting gatvol of people walking out in front of me all the time.

http://www.firstbikeafrica.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/blue-mouse-600x533.jpg

I just love the name they chose:

Retro Stainless Steel Brass Bicycle Bell Bike Sound Handlebar Classical Ring Horn Safety Cycling Bicycle Riding Sports 4 Color

Think they missed any key words?

dala what you must, know many a commuters using them, and they work 100s!

WCW has Rockbros one for about R400 each, its also on AliExpress

Does anyone know where to get a bell that could go on a road bike? Like a Spur bell I think its called. Getting gatvol of people walking out in front of me all the time.

Beattbox has an air horn on his commuter and I tell you, the braaap braaap that it makes send them scattering......trouble is you can't always tell which direction the scattering will go! :D

dala what you must, know many a commuters using them, and they work 100s!

WCW has Rockbros one for about R400 each, its also on AliExpress

Will check it out, just the 45 day wait kills me.

That's why I want a noisy hub... So that the people can hear I am behind them.

Just to add....I do a rather good dog bark .....when pads have earphones in and completely ignore the world around them.......works first time every time

Just to add....I do a rather good dog bark .....when pads have earphones in and completely ignore the world around them.......works first time every time

Works like a charm.  Used to do it as well in SA.  Amazing how someone can spring to life all of a sudden :D

Works like a charm.  Used to do it as well in SA.  Amazing how someone can spring to life all of a sudden :D

natural self preservation instinct that kicks in

Hey guys.

moved to Mumbai India and have been here for around 3 months now. 

Having to make way with public transport for the first few months, i found it is damn slow and took 45min to to 10km hence the millions of people in this small city.

then i started noticing the delivery guys are moving way faster with there bull horn single speed 20kg steel bikes.

i wanted to bring my bike(s) over to ride but was unsure about the cycling culture here. i quickly found china carbon and the odd medone is a useual commuter bike here.

so i bought a R3500 hybrid 650b 1.7inch tyres deep section alloy wheels Montra bike. and what a beauty of a bike.

then with my first commute to work and back i realized my years of mrb riding came in hand as dodging tuk tuk's and no traffic control made me jump turn and stop real quick.

but in all this madness my commute got reduced to a 20min 35degree commute and massive traffic dodging smile on my face.

pics to follow. 

Hey guys.

Having to make way with public transport for the first few months, i found it is damn slow and took 45min to to 10km hence the millions of people in this small city.

then i started noticing the delivery guys are moving way faster with there bull horn single speed 20kg steel bikes.

i wanted to bring my bike(s) over to ride but was unsure about the cycling culture here. i quickly found china carbon and the odd medone is a useual commuter bike here.

so i bought a R3500 hybrid 650b 1.7inch tyres deep section alloy wheels Montra bike. and what a beauty of a bike.

then with my first commute to work and back i realized my years of mrb riding came in hand as dodging tuk tuk's and no traffic control made me jump turn and stop real quick.

but in all this madness my commute got reduced to a 20min 35degree commute and massive traffic dodging smile on my face.

pics to follow. 

PICTURES, WE WANT PICTURES!

(Good friends of ours lived there for about 3 years, and going by their stories of their time in Mumbai, I now count you as by far the bravest and toughest commuter here on the Bikehub)

Hey guys.

pics to follow. 

Pictures, son.

Please and thank you.

Very cool Sitting slip.  What is the air pollution like?

a bit rof. do wear a mask every now and then when the phone alerts me. mostly afternoons. a mask + 35degrees = sauna in an altitude chamber.