Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not something I learnt from commuting, but today at the bicycle park area 'het ek grond gekoop'. 

For some fricken reason I could not clip out my left leg and the heavy bags dragged me down. 

Best of all, two grades 8 saw a matric unable to clip out. 

What an epic fail...

The public commuting bikes in Chinese cities are evolving fast and getting very impressive. They're moving away from the fixed docking station model (like the European cities use) to free standing bikes you can leave in any public space.  Scan the QR code on the lock and through the app it unlocks the bike and starts charging you, when you lock again it uploads the location to the app so others can find it.  Has a solar panel in the basket to charge and all non standard components and solid tires to reduce pilfering for spares.  The other obvious challenges they seem to overcome through sheer volume rolled out and a law abiding population.  They really have adopted smart phone tech here, even pavement veg sellers have QR code and WeChat account for scan payment!

post-41145-0-85979500-1495439642_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-56257600-1495439653_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-27629900-1495439664_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-57580600-1495439673_thumb.jpg

Not something I learnt from commuting, but today at the bicycle park area 'het ek grond gekoop'.

For some fricken reason I could not clip out my left leg and the heavy bags dragged me down.

Best of all, two grades 8 saw a matric unable to clip out.

What an epic fail...

I once (in 1998) tried to be a show off. I fell my ass off when locking my rear brake caused me to flip (at speed) in front of about 70% of the school.

I was out for about 30 seconds. Spoke like a little girl for more than a week as well.

Still something that most people remember me by. Was an epic fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I leave my office shoes in the office, and use a pair of older tekkies for the commute (flat pedals).

Also leave the "belt" at work.  Thus only a shirt and pants that needs to be transported.

some deodorant in the office drawer also helps ... :)

I leave my pants and towel at work. and exchange them out weekly.

I only pack new under rods and a shirt

Friday is casual so on a Thursday`s  I'll take most of it home

Beattbox has an air horn on his commuter and I tell you, the braaap braaap that it makes send them scattering......trouble is you can't always tell which direction the scattering will go! :D

:D True that...

I leave my pants and towel at work. and exchange them out weekly.

I only pack new under rods and a shirt

Friday is casual so on a Thursday`s  I'll take most of it home

I am lucky in the sense that we as software developers who do not have to attend meetings with clients can wear casual clothes.  Now that it gets warm here we even wear shorts to work.  So pants/shorts, underwear, Tshirt/shirt and socks go in the bag.  Belt, shoes and other stuff I have permanently at the office.

I am lucky in the sense that we as software developers who do not have to attend meetings with clients can wear casual clothes.  Now that it gets warm here we even wear shorts to work.  So pants/shorts, underwear, Tshirt/shirt and socks go in the bag.  Belt, shoes and other stuff I have permanently at the office.

We also wear casual clothing .... in summer the name of the game is shorts and t-shirts ... shoes ... only slops, or if there is a new client then a pair of sneakers :P

Arch + Interior industry

We also wear casual clothing .... in summer the name of the game is shorts and t-shirts ... shoes ... only slops, or if there is a new client then a pair of sneakers :P

Arch + Interior industry

Lets just say that in summer, I do not mind being held up a bit in the "heavy" commuter traffic on the cycle lanes here. Lots and lots of eye candy  :whistling: