Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Things I've learnt from commuting...always check and double check you have the right stuff! Now I have to rock it like Michael Jackson today 

White socks :o my wife would have a heart attack .....

Made it home before the storm in PTA. Stood outside to do a lightning shoot. One guy from the CSIR almost took me out. He does not understand why a cyclist would put out his right hand when turning right. If he knocked me.... It would have been done. One thing getting to me is the lack of working indicator lights. Going to start knocking lights out so that the driver will have to get it fixed...

Yeah.... you are assuming they actually trying to USE the indicator  :wacko:

First time commuting for a while this morning.... I forgot how HUNGRY I get during the day  :rolleyes:

Great to be back commuting though. Best way to start a day.

I only got half way through that video, but it's a pretty good example of why cyclists are hated by motorists.  All of those red lights that you went through, riding across solid white lines and then drafting the truck with zero visability.  

You're the one giving the rest of us a bad name.   :thumbdown:

The guy or girl in the Audi that got clipped this morning. I am sorry for knocking your mirror. Please stay out of the yellow lines. You had a dedicated turning lane that you are way to important to use.
I will post you reg details if the GoPro caught it.
Sorry again.
Me - the guy on the bicycle that had to try to get around your car

Reg:  CP45SC GP

Thanks for the guy in the taxi that got out and fixed the mirror.  

post-686-0-93816600-1414476750_thumb.png

Edited by François Marais

Guys and girls... That is not the way to commute. No wonder so many cyclists died on our roads. WTF dude. Take that video down! Yes you have some skills and great talent, but FFS dude! Red lights. STOP. I don't even do the things you did on my motorbike! Crossing over into the wrong side of traffic? WTF?

Guys and girls... That is not the way to commute. No wonder so many cyclists died on our roads. WTF dude. Take that video down! Yes you have some skills and great talent, but FFS dude! Red lights. STOP. I don't even do the things you did on my motorbike! Crossing over into the wrong side of traffic? WTF?

Agreed!  Very dangerous and gives the rest of us bad names.

Keep yourself safe!

Is there a dedicated thread discussing dashcams/ride cams?  Im looking for a cheapy...

Agreed!  Very dangerous and gives the rest of us bad names.

Keep yourself safe!

Is there a dedicated thread discussing dashcams/ride cams?  Im looking for a cheapy...

I have the GoPro.  But do not spend a boat load of money on one.  Not worth it.  See that there are some Garmin Cams that are way better

one day you are going to get knocked down and you are going to blame a vehicle driver who might actually be at fualt but no one will believe you cause everyone knows you ride like a A-Hole

Traffic in cape town northern suburbs this morning was HECTIC! luckily none of that affects me on the bike. Loving it!

http://youtu.be/9ClbgeWjrQA

Seriously???? You proud of putting this on here? Dude, I am surprised you are still physically alive as you are clearly BRAIN DEAD!!! This is one of the main reasons motorists hate cyclists, I lost count of the amount of rules you broke here! Rather shoot yourself now and get off the roads than wait to be hit and then rant about the motorists who don't see cyclists! It seems, like most things in life, there are a few who spoil it for the masses!

In Cape Town we are fighting hard to become more bike friendly and slowly we are getting there, 1 metre rule, bike lanes etc but behaviour and riding like this gets us nowhere and WILL get you into hospital!

Just my 2c, Use it Don't use it!