Show us your pets

tunariaan

Not sure how many of you support rescue operations.

But see Fb isn't all bad.. on my people you may know up popped my first boss I had, now Estelle had an incredible impact on my life..took this 18yr old from the platteland under her wing and thought me so much about business and just life. She always had rescues at her home and loved animals so much ..There on her profile I see that she is the founder of Woodrock Animal Rescue..and what an establishment it is..so if anyone is looking to adopt or support maybe have a look at them, they also have a pet hotel so if you need a place for your furry friends to stay while you go on holiday maybe consider them, the pet hotel also helps fund the rescue

We got Grace the Hooligan from Woodrock....

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd place today at the CRC Sieger show [emoji123]

2d498124492c18bbfa5d8399a0c15dad.jpg

That face.

After I saw your post hubby and I

chatted about the days when he worked with his mom as a teen at shows etc.. the man still gets very excited when he speaks about it. He used to make quite a bit of cash showing dogs, people would book him months in advance for him to show their dogs...but he would only ever do the man work with their own dogs.... it was like chatting to a kid.. the excitement was real [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Edited by Gen

We also had the show thing this weekend not really something I enjoy but our boy has become a bit of a stud dog so we were sort of urged by the other breeders to take him to the show. He was awarded Best Graduate but I got the impression that the judge found him to be rather large.post-13836-0-38006200-1555414613_thumb.jpgpost-13836-0-81010700-1555414626_thumb.jpgpost-13836-0-70369100-1555414644.jpg

We also had the show thing this weekend not really something I enjoy but our boy has become a bit of a stud dog so we were sort of urged by the other breeders to take him to the show. He was awarded Best Graduate but I got the impression that the judge found him to be rather large.attachicon.gifIMG_3461c.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3483c.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3519.JPG

Ag that face

Honestly I don't know who is more excited, my son or my mother in law, she put us in touch with a breeder who breeds great working line dogs, as my son really wants to do IPO..(she bought 3 from him and they are all really good, good temperaments with a high drive) and they just so happen to be mating today..so fingers crossed his future best friend is conceived today.[emoji173]

My mother in law is also sending him all her training material so that he can start preparing ..

I just see destruction coming our way[emoji1787]

attachicon.gif1.jpg

(Disclaimer: Car was parked, I don't drive like this)

In Cape Town he'd be one of the better drivers, you just have to hook his harness to the seat belt and all is good to go! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So, our Siberian Husky has become a mom. Father is a Swiss Shepherd. 2 pups.

There was a household discussion about fixing her when we got her, or allowing her to have pups. Siberian Husky Swiss/German Shepherd is a quite popular cross breed, so we decided to allow her some pups one time, and then to get her fixed. However, it depends on how this goes. Idea was to allow the kids this one time experience.

What do you guys think? Fix her after this or not?

https://www.certapet.com/german-shepherd-husky-mix/

Edited by Moridin

Took the dog and all 3 the cats to the vet yesterday for their yearly shots.

Bloody hell! Cats are sneaky things. Picked up the first one and put her in the travelling cage.........while my back was turned the 2nd and 3rd one disappeared into thin air. Found no. 2 easily enough, I always knew he was a bit dof! But try catching a cat that doesn't want to be caught with one arm only (broken shoulder), he is as agile as an eel. But no. 3 was nowhere to be found and time was running out. Searched the house 3 times and eventually found her hidden under some pillows in one of the boys rooms. Being a bloody tortoise shell gave her the perfect camo!

Of course Rufus couldn't wait for the fun outing and fetched his own lead! Love my dog!

So, our Siberian Husky has become a mom. Father is a Swiss Shepherd. 2 pups.

There was a household discussion about fixing her when we got her, or allowing her to have pups. Siberian Husky Swiss/German Shepherd is a quite popular cross breed, so we decided to allow her some pups one time, and then to get her fixed. However, it depends on how this goes. Idea was to allow the kids this one time experience.

What do you guys think? Fix her after this or not?

https://www.certapet.com/german-shepherd-husky-mix/

attachicon.gifIMG_2049 - Copy.JPG

I would fix her..but it is up to you...if you let her have more litters just do it responsibly.

Just careful when you cross breed you may end up with pups that have the genetic problems of both breeds.