Show us your pets

tunariaan

After a very busy morning, scaring the gardener to death, trying very hard to get the cat to play with him and his morning bark (my son taught him to bark on command and also stop barking the moment he says "Say nothing"), I can confirm he is now having his nap.

It's actually the only place he can sleep...he gets too distracted anywhere else..and like a toddler gets a little dilly without his morning nap..I ask him do you want to go nap and he rushes of to his crate to go sleep[emoji1787]

post-39623-0-93717700-1593417169_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gen

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those crates are awesome, I had one for two weeks with my Husky's leg break. Do you leave the door open and he's free to come and go as he pleases? 

I went to fetch our Ridgeback so our house is organised chaos with introducing a mild natured Ridgeback with a bossy Husky! 

Those crates are awesome, I had one for two weeks with my Husky's leg break. Do you leave the door open and he's free to come and go as he pleases?

I went to fetch our Ridgeback so our house is organised chaos with introducing a mild natured Ridgeback with a bossy Husky!

Yeah sometimes the door stays open when my son is in the room with him, Enzo naps in the crate door closed during the day .. and sleeps there during the night... he is still too much of a puppy to leave open all the time.. what I mean is he will destroy the house if we don't have eyes on him all the time. When he is awake he is with us...or playing with Bruce..(read driving Bruce crazy)

I will never again not have a crate with a puppy....it made house training an absolute breeze.

We have another one for when we travel (one of those travel crates)..Goes on the back of the bakkie (yes we have a canopy)..so its really easy..he is safe in the crate when we travel and then he has a crate for wherever we stay.. the steel one is just too big and doesn't fit on the bakkie with the canopy on (too high). And he love it too..he knows when we go anywhere and he comes with he just hops on and gets in..he is just too big for inside the car[emoji1787]

Edited by Gen

So big shake up, decided to adopt a cat from SPCA, settled on a very friendly young adult who we recon will be the right temperament to stand his ground. He has 2 dogs who have no cat interaction other than the odd chase in their lives.  So busy keeping them apart while learning of each others existence, going to be some interesting times ahead.  He's now been christened Ziggy

post-41145-0-71411000-1593421750_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-67756100-1593421762_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-54140000-1593421785_thumb.jpg

So big shake up, decided to adopt a cat from SPCA, settled on a very friendly young adult who we recon will be the right temperament to stand his ground. He has 2 dogs who have no cat interaction other than the odd chase in their lives. So busy keeping them apart while learning of each others existence, going to be some interesting times ahead. He's now been christened Ziggy

attachicon.gifIMG_7908.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7911.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7953.jpg

Beautiful..Ziggy will sort out those doggos in no time[emoji5] Edited by Gen

The face of Satan.

We will lure you in with sweet whispers.

You will lose concentration.

He will attempt a fast yet brutal amputation of your closest finger.

Only my son can handle him.

He has a special dark pit of hatred for me. Why, I dont know.

post-16512-0-48961700-1593450654_thumb.jpeg

The face of Satan.

attachicon.gif1593450398589.jpeg

It's because of where in the pecking order you fit.  ;) 

The face of Satan.

attachicon.gif1593450398589.jpeg

Jis birds and horses don't like me so I can relate.

Give me strength! 

It feels like all I've done all today today was stress about work and break up fights...

What were we thinking?? Having a 4 month old Husky and getting a 2 month old Ridgeback? I told the Husky that him biting the Ridge on the back was a rookie mistake, my 6 year old just burst out laughing. She has no idea what it means but it was funny hearing her repeat it back to the Husky all day yesterday. 

Anyway, back to tonight. This Husky is going to see his moer soon, Lion Dog's little jaws are impressive. his little guy snaps and stands his man. 

Give me strength!

It feels like all I've done all today today was stress about work and break up fights...

What were we thinking?? Having a 4 month old Husky and getting a 2 month old Ridgeback? I told the Husky that him biting the Ridge on the back was a rookie mistake, my 6 year old just burst out laughing. She has no idea what it means but it was funny hearing her repeat it back to the Husky all day yesterday.

Anyway, back to tonight. This Husky is going to see his moer soon, Lion Dog's little jaws are impressive. his little guy snaps and stands his man.

That's a handful..2 pups and a young one oh my genade..[emoji1787][emoji6] Edited by Gen

The 6 year old showed the 9 year old how things are done. I have to stop her because she gets too involved. Anyway they both very brave and love their doggos.

Think the weather has gotten to the pets.. absolute chaos this morning.. Enzo wanted to play with Bruce..Bruce is grumpy so there was a growl and a retaliation

..cats are moody (out of character for my cat)..the dogs have now been sent outside to sort themselves out and the cats are ignoring each other.[emoji1787]

So big shake up, decided to adopt a cat from SPCA, settled on a very friendly young adult who we recon will be the right temperament to stand his ground. He has 2 dogs who have no cat interaction other than the odd chase in their lives.  So busy keeping them apart while learning of each others existence, going to be some interesting times ahead.  He's now been christened Ziggy

attachicon.gifIMG_7908.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7911.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7953.jpg

Nice looking feline. My wife had a cat named Ziggy before her and I met.

Think the weather has gotten to the pets..  

Have to agree. Charlie decided last night that at 2 am it was now play time and ran around like a lunatic. The other dogs were not impressed and neither were the humans.