The magic test to ensure a sub-3 94.7

rudi-h

lol,thanks ????,but sub 3hr not a 3hr ????????????????

31.58km/h?

Although I did round up on the 31.57. It's actually 31.566666...

Edited by Eon du Plessis

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think that if you do a sub 3 Satellite Classic, that you would stand a good chance of doing a sub 3 HOURS 94.7

I would think that if you do a sub 3 Satellite Classic, that you would stand a good chance of doing a sub 3 HOURS 94.7

Satellite is 10km longer and time will probably be around 10 min slower so yes if you sub 3 Satellite you'll go sub 3 94.7 

You would need a higher average (about 34km/h) for the first half, so that you have enough time to cover the second "slower" half.

Search for the I-team and you'll find a whole lot of info about split times at key points on the route.

With the changes for this year, I don't think it will make much difference to the times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that magical sub3... will have to wait another year until I'm a better climber for those last 15km

I take comfort in knowing I will never sub 3 the 94.7 because I climb like a sprinter. My legs go wonky on gradients of 5% and above. I'm 83kg. Lean muscles, 281w ftp but I just can't climb.

Sub 3'd all the other flattish races including Tour Durban because my strength is in the flats.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

that magical sub3... will have to wait another year until I'm a better climber for those last 15km

yea me to I reckon,although I don't mind climbing think it's a bridge to far this year. Had the magical no at the back of my mind,but being a noob and seeing what the avg speed will need to be coz of the climbing at the end ,think it's going to be a bridge to far for me this year.

Edit: not even sure it will ever be do able for me.

Edited by Pikey

I started with the charity groups last year which was better than QQ seeding. I then sat with a slower buddy till he couldnt anymore and then went on my own from halfway down the M1. Finished in 3:30ish in my first 94.7. This year I Will sub 3 no opt out option for me.

50% is training, 25% is all the other stuff. But the last 25% is HTFU and believe in yourself - raw will power

Also noob 94.7 rider this year, no batching and on my zeus... sub 3 is not something I will be aiming for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also going to test with Shova and Satellite in the coming weeks. Some lekke races coming in the build up to 94.7

I take comfort in knowing I will never sub 3 the 94.7 because I climb like a sprinter. My legs go wonky on gradients of 5% and above. I'm 83kg. Lean muscles, 281w ftp but I just can't climb.

Sub 3'd all the other flattish races including Tour Durban because my strength is in the flats.

Never say you are not a climber.

I have had the same power to weight as you for previous 94.7s, and have sub 3ed them all.

I always believed that I was not a climber, but SBR on a Sat, then Wed, then Sat again cured my belief that I am not a climber.

Was the 5th rider in BL at the top of Krugersdorp hill for Berge en Dale, which was always my nemesis.

You are only what you believe you are.

Good luck

94.7 is a flat race, you must lack race inteligence in heel sucking and placing before the hills, there are no real climbs. Otherwise find a tandem wheel to sit on they go crap uphill but are on rocketfuel on the roaling sections. I am almost 90 kg FTP just shy of 300 and would easily do a 3h from a decent group rocking up on the startline just like that.

94.7 is a flat race, you must lack race inteligence in heel sucking and placing before the hills, there are no real climbs. Otherwise find a tandem wheel to sit on they go crap uphill but are on rocketfuel on the roaling sections. I am almost 90 kg FTP just shy of 300 and would easily do a 3h from a decent group rocking up on the startline just like that.

Well of course it is........

post-77414-0-79710700-1475563012_thumb.jpg

......but do you have a test to suggest for the OP?

Ha ha ha...nice one.

I climb like a sprinter; AND sprint like a climber...but i am fast as #### on the downhills

It's all in the training dude. At 85kgs I did a sub 2:30 back in the day when it was a harder race than it is today.

It's all in the training dude. At 85kgs I did a sub 2:30 back in the day when it was a harder race than it is today.

nobody likes a show-off... :P 

:eek:  Can't even imagine the power output that took.... :thumbup: