Coffee machine

Guys/girls. I'm not a mad espresso kinda guy. I like my filter javs. I do like one every now and then but I don't/can't invest in some super computer device. What exactly does an airopress do?

Its inbetween a real espresso and filter coffee. With espresso your grind is finer to expose more of the coffee to the water, not to long otherwise you will burn it. You also add pressure to extract the oils in the coffee. With filter you just expose it to the more granular grind for a few minutes and drink that. Aeropress you do let it rest for a while and also apply some pressure (obviously not close to what a espresso machine can do). Its a cheap espresso shot, but a descent one at that. It gives you a lot of play with time of exposure, pressure you can apply, water temp etc. to find a coffee you like. I started off with one and still use it today every once in a while (when traveling). This is just my inexperienced take on it...a better explanation to follow from one of the experts

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys/girls. I'm not a mad espresso kinda guy. I like my filter javs. I do like one every now and then but I don't/can't invest in some super computer device. What exactly does an airopress do?

Aeropress will kind of give you an espresso. Think incredibly thick coffee (in technical terms loads of dissolved solids and solids in suspension, those solids being coffee) try an Abid clever coffee dripper if you want amazing geeky filter coffee that is incredibly good and easy enough to use before you have woken up and the caffeine has kicked in! I have access to everything (yes really) and use an ABID every morning at home, before going to the roastery, and use an Aeropress when I travel. Both give control and great coffee if used cleverly. 

Guys got some Saeco Bean to Cup machine pm me your email I'll forward you some prices and pics.

Feel free to ignore this or flame me. I will totally understand

I read about a drink becoming popular in the States in the coffee places like Seattle. I gave it a try and really liked it. I don't drink so it's a kind of virgin cocktail thing.

Fill a tall glass with ice. Add tonic water with a little space left over and pour a chilled double shot of espresso into it.

Feel free to ignore this or flame me. I will totally understand

I read about a drink becoming popular in the States in the coffee places like Seattle. I gave it a try and really liked it. I don't drink so it's a kind of virgin cocktail thing.

Fill a tall glass with ice. Add tonic water with a little space left over and pour a chilled double shot of espresso into it.

My mates shop just got that on tap. It's flipping yum!!!

My mates shop just got that on tap. It's flipping yum!!!

I tried it a few weeks back at a client's insistence, I found the tonic too sugary for my palet

It is a very good innovation but I would personally rather go for a solid grinder and something like a Clever Coffee Dripper. It is quick, easy to clean and if you use a hand grinder you can pack everything away, so it won't take any counter space.

Trying to tap into hub knowledge here:

I've got a Jura (F50) bean to cup machine, went for a service about 3 months back.

Last night, it wouldn't grind the beans - almost like the beans weren't falling into the grinder, except the feeder was full. And then the machine says to fill beans.

Anyone had something like this before?

Before I take it back to the agents...

Trying to tap into hub knowledge here:

I've got a Jura (F50) bean to cup machine, went for a service about 3 months back.

Last night, it wouldn't grind the beans - almost like the beans weren't falling into the grinder, except the feeder was full. And then the machine says to fill beans.

Anyone had something like this before?

Before I take it back to the agents...

Were the blades turning?

I have had a bean hangup in a normal grinder before - just swished them around with my fingers a bit with the grinder off - problem solved.

Were the blades turning?

I have had a bean hangup in a normal grinder before - just swished them around with my fingers a bit with the grinder off - problem solved.

Yup, sounded like the blades were turning, but no beans were grinding.

I even tried pushing them in with a spoon while supposedly grinding, but nothing happening.

• 2 weeks later...