Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

nice shoes ....... lady bikes and most kit colours/designs always look so good ... but I hope you got discount .. those look small enough to use half the material of a std size, so should be 50% discounted :P

Haha, size 6 That price of £58 was the special price. Last time I checked, the mens version retailed for over R5k in SA. So Im pretty pleased with my bargain, even with import tax&VAT.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A small side-cutters .....

post-110956-0-77373800-1523115167_thumb.jpg

It is roumered that this is safer than cutting a cable tie with a pocket knife .... :whistling:

lest the pocket knife nicks the hydraulic hose and ends your race 10 minutes BEFORE the starting time ....  :whistling:   :blush:   :wacko:  Though at that moment I was slightly  :cursing:  :nuke: at myself !!

Edited by ChrisF

Cutter.jpg

It is roumered that this is safer than cutting a cable tie with a pocket knife .... :whistling:

lest the pocket knife nicks the hydraulic hose and ends your race 10 minutes BEFORE the starting time .... :whistling: :blush: :wacko: Though at that moment I was slightly :cursing: :nuke: at myself !!

Happens to the best of us....

attachicon.gifCutter.jpg

lest the pocket knife nicks the hydraulic hose and ends your race 10 minutes BEFORE the starting time ....  :whistling:   :blush:   :wacko:  Though at that moment I was slightly  :cursing:  :nuke: at myself !!

:D Sorry for laughing. If it makes you feel any better, I once cut off the bike computer cable on my dads' bike when removing his Argus number board.....felt so stupid :blush:

Hehehehe ....

These are the things that make the best braai fire stories ... LATER ....

At that moment, MAN .... just glad I kept my cool, and more so that King Cycles managed to repair the bike and that I could still do the event.  Still doing the ride totally takes the sting out of my own stupidity ....

PS - and just maybe another hubber learns from my schoolfees and keeps his Leatherman FAR away from his bike 

This may be an option for those riders that hate using cable-ties with their RaceTec boards -

I have a "slot-punch" tool, and bought another set of velcro straps (R15 each from SportsmansWarehouse for the pump-straps)

post-110956-0-43940300-1523380216_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChrisF

@HuckNorris "Am gearing up to start a few night rides on my mtb , so ordered lights from Nitecore.

Super service and stunning product .!!"

Would you mind posting a review of your new bright baby after a few rides? Specs look fantastic as does the device...Definetely on my radar!

Edited by keithbe

@HuckNorris "Am gearing up to start a few night rides on my mtb , so ordered lights from Nitecore.

Super service and stunning product .!!"

Would you mind posting a review of your new bright baby after a few rides? Specs look fantastic as does the device...Definetely on my radar!

Cool Keith will do .... have allowed it to run for 6 hours on the minimum trail setting , still had close to 3 hours run time left.. and its pretty damn bright on that setting .  Will do more once I have had a proper night run !