Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not all now, but over time...

frame not in my hands yet... shoes coming today, helmut feels good, fork waiting for frame and the rest of the build

That's looking like it's going to be sweeeeeet! How's the little fin on the helmet... you're going to be the 'the shark of the cape'! The Rev' is a great choice for that frame as well. 

That's looking like it's going to be sweeeeeet! How's the little fin on the helmet... you're going to be the 'the shark of the cape'! The Rev' is a great choice for that frame as well. 

the rev is for my china 29er

the yari is for 45650b

frame not in my hands yet... shoes coming today, helmut feels good, fork waiting for frame and the rest of the build

That's like winning the Lotto :eek:

waiting for pics of the On-One

That's like winning the Lotto :eek:

waiting for pics of the On-One

me too, but probably still going to take a long long time...

i do have this to give me some kind of idea how i want it to look, add a dropper of course

post-8906-0-55877200-1501231844_thumb.jpg

post-8906-0-61710100-1501231845_thumb.jpg

Looking at your saddle height, I was going to ask why you'd need that much rise in front - can't be the best climbing experience.

Looking at your saddle height, I was going to ask why you'd need that much rise in front - can't be the best climbing experience.

erm..... 150mm dropper. Climbing is fiiiine. But spacers going above until I find the right position. Just needed a tad more reach. The spacers under the bar were bringing the bar too close for my liking. This should take the bars about 15mm forwards when compared to the previous setup, but at the same height. Plus - it's green.

And personally, I don't care about climbing. I'll do it, no problem. But it's not where my stoke gets filled. It's a means to an end. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Holy Ape Hangers batman!

Like the Hopes with the braided hoses. No complaining about brake fade with those boys. Also like how you've zip tied the gear cable to the brake hose. I like details like that.

What's the plastic gubbin next to your brake lever?

Holy Ape Hangers batman!

Like the Hopes with the braided hoses. No complaining about brake fade with those boys. Also like how you've zip tied the gear cable to the brake hose. I like details like that.

I have stopped using cable ties to tie the two together and been using Gorilla Tape cut to around 10mm width ... been a good fixing alternative.......or at least so I think.

Holy Ape Hangers batman!

it's a garmin watch mount. And yeah - I liked them, bought them for a DJ bike but the green was just so right for the Giant so I decided to put them on there instead (I may have gone through that justification as I bought them)

All to find the right bar height for me, without affecting the reach too much. Funny thing is that with that raise, they'll be the same height as the low rise bars when the spacers are out. But 15mm forwards cos of the spacers being removed. 

Oh and thanks - I want to get something cleaner than the cable ties though. The clamp portion just feels a bit too.... I dunno. Out of place. And tape gets gunky. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

it's a garmin watch mount. And yeah - I liked them, bought them for a DJ bike but the green was just so right for the Giant so I decided to put them on there instead (I may have gone through that justification as I bought them)

All to find the right bar height for me, without affecting the reach too much. Funny thing is that with that raise, they'll be the same height as the low rise bars when the spacers are out. But 15mm forwards cos of the spacers being removed. 

Oh and thanks - I want to get something cleaner than the cable ties though. The clamp portion just feels a bit too.... I dunno. Out of place. And tape gets gunky. 

Not Gorilla Tape Tchjina, no gunky there.

Meezo, where did you get the helmet from?