Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Apparently since the takeover by adidas, 5-10's quality has seen a drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a pair at the beginning of 2017. I wear them every day because I can basically hop off my bike and sit down for work. So approx 2000km of riding (with nukeproof pedals) that was almost entirely off road and very often technical singletrack, plus lots of general walking around... and not so much as a stitch coming loose. All grip is still in near perfect condition. 

Maybe I got lucky, but I've been amazed by the quality. I bought a second pair at the beginning of this year because the first pair have worked out so well but sometimes don't look "formal" enough for work.  

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a pair at the beginning of 2017. I wear them every day because I can basically hop off my bike and sit down for work. So approx 2000km of riding (with nukeproof pedals) that was almost entirely off road and very often technical singletrack, plus lots of general walking around... and not so much as a stitch coming loose. All grip is still in near perfect condition.

Maybe I got lucky, but I've been amazed by the quality. I bought a second pair at the beginning of this year because the first pair have worked out so well but sometimes don't look "formal" enough for work.

Let's hope you're not just one of the lucky ones then. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to post this here...but I can't....cause I haven't got it.....

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-05-06 at 15.05.51.png

....yet :ph34r:

I’m also busy uhming and ahing about this helmut.

i almost invested in one of those. My TLD open face and full face are both getting on in years. One of the local bike shops here had the Super DH on special so I went to have a look and try one on.

First impressions... best looking convertible lid. actually looks like a DH full face when chin bar is attached. the giro doesn't look bad either but is bulky in open face mode. the Leatt (and I love Leatt products), looks a bit dorky and lame.

Anyway, I ended up skipping on the Super DH because I found the reattachment of the chin-bar a bit finicky (possibly gets better with practice), as well as the fact that it didn't feel as solid as a proper DH full face (which it claims to be as safe as).

So for anyone without a decent enduro and full face.. good buy, but I (personal opinion) didn't think it was great enough to replace a TLD D3 and A1.

i almost invested in one of those. My TLD open face and full face are both getting on in years. One of the local bike shops here had the Super DH on special so I went to have a look and try one on.

First impressions... best looking convertible lid. actually looks like a DH full face when chin bar is attached. the giro doesn't look bad either but is bulky in open face mode. the Leatt (and I love Leatt products), looks a bit dorky and lame.

Anyway, I ended up skipping on the Super DH because I found the reattachment of the chin-bar a bit finicky (possibly gets better with practice), as well as the fact that it didn't feel as solid as a proper DH full face (which it claims to be as safe as).

So for anyone without a decent enduro and full face.. good buy, but I (personal opinion) didn't think it was great enough to replace a TLD D3 and A1.

I wanted one as well, but couldnt wait any longer for it to be launched and opted for the super 3 which I got for an absolute bargain!

That's a good few $ in those boxes [emoji50]. Remember feedback on them [emoji106]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

WELL worth it !!

post-110956-0-55199900-1526142830_thumb.jpg

Did the Oak Valley ride today.  One moment you are heading down a mine-shaft, sharp right and you are going UP again ....  The 1x just WORKS in these conditions !!

Interesting this Eagle thing, they landed non stop this week it seems. ????

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

In the quest to go pack-less, but with a minimalist look (no one can honestly say that saddle bags look good), and following on from my cage-less water bottle installation, I have decided to address the matter of trailside tools.

The result was the purchase of one of these:

post-10758-0-73495300-1526413387_thumb.jpeg

post-10758-0-00405000-1526413409_thumb.jpeg

http://theradavist.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/OneUp-Components-EDC-Grid.jpg

which has been installed as follows:

http://www.bikepacking.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/OneUp-Components-EDC-Tool-Hightower-Hand-2-1024.jpg

http://www.bikepacking.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/OneUp-Components-EDC-Stem-Top-1024.jpg

OneUp-Components-EDC-System5.jpg

It seems to offer just about everything one needs in a trailside mechanical emergency. The only things left to address are spare tube and CO2 bomb + adapter (although the EDC can have a CO2 bomb attached in place of the storage tube).

According to CRC and OneUp stock levels, these things are quite hard to come by, but luckily a LBS had 2 ins stock and also included installation with the purchase, which saved me buying the steerer tube tapping kit and potentially messing things up.

Approximately R1500 all in.

Edited by patches

In the quest to go pack-less, but with a minimalist look (no one can honestly say that saddle bags look good), and following on from my cage-less water bottle installation, I have decided to address the matter of trailside tools.

The result was the purchase of one of these:

attachicon.gifIMG-20180515-WA0002.jpeg

attachicon.gifIMG-20180515-WA0006.jpeg

http://theradavist.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/OneUp-Components-EDC-Grid.jpg

which has been installed as follows:

http://www.bikepacking.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/OneUp-Components-EDC-Tool-Hightower-Hand-2-1024.jpg

http://www.bikepacking.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/OneUp-Components-EDC-Stem-Top-1024.jpg

OneUp-Components-EDC-System5.jpg

It seems to offer just about everything one needs in a trailside mechanical emergency. The only things left to address are spare tube and CO2 bomb + adapter (although the EDC can have a CO2 bomb attached in place of the storage tube).

According to CRC and OneUp stock levels, these things are quite hard to come by, but luckily a LBS had 2 ins stock and also included installation with the purchase, which saved me buying the steerer tube tapping kit and potentially messing things up.

Approximately R1500 all in.

I'm looking for one as well. Apparently the new versions come with a quick link tool like the Wolftooth one but none of the places I'm looking at online can tell me if it's the new version or the old version.