Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Anyone from the Cape planning a CRC order? Need a cheap £22 rear hub (36H 6 bolt) that not even Shimano has in SA, but postage makes it not so cheap...

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not cycling related, but super stoked about this latest purchase.

I decided that because I commute just about everywhere on a dirt-bike, and with rainy winter on the doorstep, something a little more comfy than my TLD MX helmet is in order.

Behold, the Nexx X.D1 Baja Titanium Adventure Helmet

attachicon.gifreceived_10155623935685658.jpeg

Regular Mode

attachicon.gifreceived_10155623933800658.jpeg

Street Mode

attachicon.gifreceived_10155623938160658.jpeg

Dirt Mode

attachicon.gifreceived_10155623939485658.jpeg

Combo Mode

All adjustable without tools in less than 1min. Pretty handy.

BUT WAIT!! there's more

The helmet is packed full of nice features, from integrated comms systems (comms unit sold separately), to GoPro Mounts, to the Pinlock Anti-Fog instert (which works really well BTW).

So much bang for buck!

NXD1BAWH.jpg?_=1526259565

I don't even ride a motorbike but geez that is super cool!

In further attempt to minimize the effects of he upcoming rainy Auckland winter, I acquired some of these handskoens

31650_med.jpg

1f274531da35891445eb5962790e27ea.jpg

The 100% Brisker Hydromatic. Like the regular Brisker (of which I am fond and have had a few pairs), this is a cold weather glove, BUT with the added feature of being waterproof.

That's right, I will be washing dishes in style!

So far they feel pretty good. A little thicker and more restrictive than the regular Brisker, so might only use them for commuting or long distance easy riding, not for tech stuff. But yeah, if they keep my hands warm and dry each day commuting to and fro work, then I'm happy!

Not cycling related, but super stoked about this latest purchase.

I decided that because I commute just about everywhere on a dirt-bike, and with rainy winter on the doorstep, something a little more comfy than my TLD MX helmet is in order.

Behold, the Nexx X.D1 Baja Titanium Adventure Helmet

attachicon.gifreceived_10155623935685658.jpeg

Regular Mode

attachicon.gifreceived_10155623933800658.jpeg

Street Mode

attachicon.gifreceived_10155623938160658.jpeg

Dirt Mode

attachicon.gifreceived_10155623939485658.jpeg

Combo Mode

All adjustable without tools in less than 1min. Pretty handy.

BUT WAIT!! there's more

The helmet is packed full of nice features, from integrated comms systems (comms unit sold separately), to GoPro Mounts, to the Pinlock Anti-Fog instert (which works really well BTW).

So much bang for buck!

NXD1BAWH.jpg?_=1526259565

Flippen nice lid.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

In further attempt to minimize the effects of he upcoming rainy Auckland winter, I acquired some of these handskoens

31650_med.jpg

1f274531da35891445eb5962790e27ea.jpg

The 100% Brisker Hydromatic. Like the regular Brisker (of which I am fond and have had a few pairs), this is a cold weather glove, BUT with the added feature of being waterproof.

That's right, I will be washing dishes in style!

So far they feel pretty good. A little thicker and more restrictive than the regular Brisker, so might only use them for commuting or long distance easy riding, not for tech stuff. But yeah, if they keep my hands warm and dry each day commuting to and fro work, then I'm happy!

Let us know how they work. I have yet to come across a truly waterproof cycling glove. Always on the lookout.

Edited by Dusty

Anyone from the Cape planning a CRC order? Need a cheap £22 rear hub (36H 6 bolt) that not even Shimano has in SA, but postage makes it not so cheap...

Just for info. I have been buying from Jensonusa.com. Their pricing works out beter than from the UK. Also heard that Bikeinn in Spain does great prices

If this bike turns out to be good, I'll buy it (not from you, from a shop). Please keep up posted!! 

Happy to report that I'm still a happy chappie, the Siablo has been a welcome addition to my riding bridging the gap between off-road and all-road riding. Had a few niggles with the setup but nothing different from any new bike out of the box. I must add that I went for a frame one size down from what I usually ride on the road and am glad I did (this was done in accordance with my bike fit measurements and the frame size calculator on the Silverback website not just for poops and whoops)

Having been in the market for a bike like this for a while I tested a few out and had my heart set on a 2017 Trek Crockett but ultimately got a good deal on the Silverback through my LBS. 

The thing I like most about this bike is the tyre width and versatility, I've got 2 sets of wheels one with 35C slicks on and another with 35C cross tyres on and I swap them out if I want to do a road only ride or a bit of see where the road takes me ride.

Really happy with this bike would highly recommend.

Edited by Jaguar Shark

Just for info. I have been buying from Jensonusa.com. Their pricing works out beter than from the UK. Also heard that Bikeinn in Spain does great prices

Buying an item from an overseas outlet is easy. Postage is the problem - time and or cost.

I ordered from BikeInn. Great price, but took almost 4 months because of SAPO

Some necessaries for the bike. 

- Look Cleats (Don't need these yet but they were on special)

- 39t Sram Inner Chainring

- X-Tools Torque Wrench (A must for every cycling enthusiast) 

- High5 Elctrlite tablets

- Carbon Bond Solution 

- Patch kit (For mini bike tour in July)

- Complimentary Gummis from Wiggle :)

post-43518-0-60035000-1528449229_thumb.jpg 

There are more valuable notes still in circulation but a few of these should do just fine!!!

suisse_1000chf-swiss-franc.jpg

Yes agreed there are more valuable notes, but Pieter1 and I were referring to the currency exchange rate itself.

At R42 to 1 Kuwaiti Dinar, it's the highest value for a state/national currency.

Speaking of high value notes, ask Peach what a pain his €500 note was on our first French Alps downhilling trip 6yrs ago.

None of the supermarkets wanted to accept it, so I had to pay for just about everything until we could get change for it, haha

No wonder they are moving to get them removed from circulation. Especially with the counterfeiting popularity.

Yes agreed there are more valuable notes, but Pieter1 and I were referring to the currency exchange rate itself.

At R42 to 1 Kuwaiti Dinar, it's the highest value for a state/national currency.

Speaking of high value notes, ask Peach what a pain his €500 note was on our first French Alps downhilling trip 6yrs ago.

None of the supermarkets wanted to accept it, so I had to pay for just about everything until we could get change for it, haha

No wonder they are moving to get them removed from circulation. Especially with the counterfeiting popularity.

For sure :thumbup: , was just not sure if he could fit all those 20 Dinars. :whistling:

Crazy to hear there are apparently a few hundred $10 000.00 note still in circulation and that they can be used as legal tender. :eek:   I defiantly would not mind having a few of those.

For sure :thumbup: , was just not sure if he could fit all those 20 Dinars. :whistling:

Crazy to hear there are apparently a few hundred $10 000.00 note still in circulation and that they can be used as legal tender. :eek:   I defiantly would not mind having a few of those.

Is that what one uses to buy bitcoins cash?  :ph34r: :lol: