Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

My lbs - they are a spez concept store these days but the owner is a huge colnago and campy fan. They sent me the picture and I said yes, no idea on price but I'm guessing it's not a value item

You could order them at yours but I will let you know tomorrow what options are available when I go in.

(I looked at the price at the Campy store - eeeeeiiisch!!. Not in red so I'm ok)

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(I looked at the price at the Campy store - eeeeeiiisch!!. Not in red so I'm ok)

No red available and R400 from my LBS - they are expensive and as a rule and I generally shop around for my parts but I'm happy to buy these off them and keep them sweet as they have the best local mechanics

Edited by Waynemol

Can one boast about almost purchases?  :ph34r:

Not "almost" as in I chickened out. "Almost" as in I purchased a hefty stash of bicycle related product, but due to a faulty promo-code the retailer has chosen to back out of the order  :cursing:

Torpedo7 (a large NZ based adventure sports store) launched a Friends & Family discount code that had a glitch. It not only applied insanely huge discounts go items in one's cart, but also failed to add multiples of an item.

For example, 1x Maxxis DHF tyre

• R1030 usual price
  • R540 with discount code
  • R540 for 2 with discount code
  • R540 for 10 with discount code

you get the picture. So yeah, when people caught on their orders ran wild.

Mine looked like this:

post-10758-0-42050200-1557433691_thumb.jpg

post-10758-0-69699100-1557433703_thumb.jpg

I didn't realize the glitch at first, as I applied the code after I had set the quantity. So I placed the orders thinking the discount was just THAT good. But a colleague noticed it and shortly after that, the code stopped working. Then we got an email saying our orders were on hold and they needed to correct the pricing.

So yeah... I almost purchased these awesome items to boast about  :(

Edited by patches

Can one boast about almost purchases?  :ph34r:

Not "almost" as in I chickened out. "Almost" as in I purchased a hefty stash of bicycle related product, but due to a faulty promo-code the retailer has chosen to back out of the order  :cursing:

Torpedo7 (a large NZ based adventure sports store) launched a Friends & Family discount code that had a glitch. It not only applied insanely huge discounts go items in one's cart, but also failed to add multiples of an item.

For example, 1x Maxxis DHF tyre

• R1030 usual price
  • R540 with discount code
  • R540 for 2 with discount code
  • R540 for 10 with discount code

you get the picture. So yeah, when people caught on their orders ran wild.

Mine looked like this:

attachicon.giftempFileForShare_20190510-082604.jpg

attachicon.giftempFileForShare_20190510-082459.jpg

I didn't realize the glitch at first, as I applied the code after I had set the quantity. So I placed the orders thinking the discount was just THAT good. But a colleague noticed it and shortly after that, the code stopped working. Then we got an email saying our orders were on hold and they needed to correct the pricing.

So yeah... I almost purchased these awesome items to boast about  :(

I thought that they have to supply the goods if the fault is on their side?

Same as a pamphlet advert being incorrect, they need to retract it before the initial ad is null and void.

Or am I wrong?

Same as a pamphlet advert being incorrect, they need to retract it before the initial ad is null and void.

Or am I wrong?

I think that applies to advertised prices/promos, and not glitches such as this.

Or am I wrong?

Apparently not. There is no law which compels them to do so. Wendy Knowler a respected and feared consumer journo explained it a while ago on Cape Talk.

Or am I wrong?

I think that applies to advertised prices/promos, and not glitches such as this.

Grease_Monkey is correct.

If they advertised those items at the discounted price, I would have a leg to stand on. But they simply advertised that the code gave some form of discount (no specific amount).

The glitch that inflated the discount and neglected to add multiples of the same items was in no way a ploy to false advertise.

Anyway, they emailed me back with the revised pricing, none of which was anywhere near the discounts that the code originally gave. On some items the revised discounts weren't even as good as the club member pricing (anyone can join for free), so I just canceled my orders  :(

When those were made, Litespeed built the best titanium frames by far and they did for quite a few manufacturers. You scored a real gem! Have you had a ti bike before? 

Just picked this Ti EM off ebay. Can't wait to start building her up.....

Damn... why won't this like button work more! That is epic. 

Nice frame. Damn, how tight does a QR skewer have to be clamped in order to mark Ti like that?

Cannot beat a Litespeed frame, love mine... is my go to bike these days, my carbon bike sits on the indoor trainer lol !!

Managed to get mine down to 6.7kgs with Easton EC90 SLX fork and Lightweight Rennbugel handlebars and a Lightweight saddle

Look forward to seeing the build !!

Just picked this Ti EM off ebay. Can't wait to start building her up.....

Damn, second stunning ebay frame purchase I have seen. Congrats, so jealous!