Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put a pike on my Camber.

Don't know why Specialized didn't think of this.

What’s the travel on the fork?

Because it has no “Brain”. Kekekeke. Nice man!

Well said Pieter1

haha, thanks, but 2 problems there... 1st is the size. My wheels are 27.5"

Second is location... I'm a little further east than Somerset West... about 11,700km east :lol:

Patch....my man.

Anyone who kills wheels actually, talk to me first :)

haha, all good. I am based in Auckland, New Zealand so unfortunately I am subject to the suppliers and mechanics here.

The Bontrager hubs are also 28 hole, so that limits my rim options. Limited rim options mean the chances of finding ones with the same ERD is nigh impossible. That then means there's a good chance new spokes are needed. And at the LBSes here, spokes are about R1000 for 28, and the built over itself is also about R1000. So new wheels start becoming a cheaper option in many cases.

If I was still in SA though, a rebuild would have definitely been an option.

Not Cycling related and certainly not yet purchased.

But we placed our deposit today and secured our spot in the queue.

Tesla Model 3.

Here we are at the Auckland dealership playing around with the demo.

This is a left hand drive from the states. Obviously our one will have the steering wheel on the correct side.

attachicon.gifIMG_3142.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3145.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3144.jpg

I walked past that very Tesla dealer (K road) this morning on my way to work. I had just dropped the little VW off for a service. Maybe I should have traded it in instead  :ph34r: :lol:

The Model 3 looks better than I recall from the US.  :drool: 

Also awesome seeing the stripped down rolling chassis they have there  :thumbup:

Did they give you any idea of delivery timeline? I’ve been on that list since March 2018!

Not Cycling related and certainly not yet purchased.

But we placed our deposit today and secured our spot in the queue.

Tesla Model 3.

Here we are at the Auckland dealership playing around with the demo.

This is a left hand drive from the states. Obviously our one will have the steering wheel on the correct side.

attachicon.gifIMG_3142.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3145.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3144.jpg

Did they give you any idea of delivery timeline? I’ve been on that list since March 2018!

Yes.

Premium versions in the next 3-4 months.

Base models before the end of the year.

Orders are opening is Australia in a couple of weeks.

Thats what the 15 year old salesman told me.

Edited by Wayne Potgieter

Got this beaut this week ????????

Upgraded from a 2012 Rockshox Sid XX World Cup dual air 80mm fork with hydraulic lockout ????

to a Fox Step Cast Performance 100mm. Did some research and got all the bits and bobs to DIY. Hacksaw absent from pic and sick with the flu. Will post pic when all is done.

post-39356-0-45587500-1559122663_thumb.jpeg

post-39356-0-31954400-1559122673_thumb.jpeg

Purchased a new stem, could not find anything that bolts into stem cover. Decided to go with with a steer tube mount and in my mind reversing it works, haven’t tried it out yet. Looks much better vs on top of the stem.

post-59224-0-00026800-1559123628_thumb.jpeg

post-59224-0-77311800-1559123647_thumb.jpeg

post-59224-0-96155900-1559123685_thumb.jpeg

The other night I started fitting my bike with the new wheelset (the aforementioned on that started off as a dinged rear rim, and I rationalized my way into purchasing a whole new wheelset).

Well... When removing my tyres off my previous wheelset, I noticed all the gunky dried tubeless sealant around the beads. I started pealing it off, then the rationalizing started once again...

Like surely these gummed up beads won't seat properly on the shiny new wheelset.

And surely it will take me hours, maybe even weeks, to clean that gunk off. Not to mention the bead may get stretched from my efforts...

...and before I knew it, my debit card fell out of my wallet, and I had clicked purchase on a set of these:

post-10758-0-05637300-1559165039_thumb.png

It's a slippery slope I tell you! A very slippery slope!

...good thing I procured some grip  :ph34r: :lol:

The other night I started fitting my bike with the new wheelset (the aforementioned on that started off as a dinged rear rim, and I rationalized my way into purchasing a whole new wheelset).

Well... When removing my tyres off my previous wheelset, I noticed all the gunky dried tubeless sealant around the beads. I started pealing it off, then the rationalizing started once again...

Like surely these gummed up beads won't seat properly on the shiny new wheelset.

And surely it will take me hours, maybe even weeks, to clean that gunk off. Not to mention the bead may get stretched from my efforts...

...and before I knew it, my debit card fell out of my wallet, and I had clicked purchase on a set of these:

attachicon.gifMichelin Wild Enduro.PNG

It's a slippery slope I tell you! A very slippery slope!

...good thing I procured some grip  :ph34r: :lol:

I never thought I would ever look at tyres and think "those are hot"

What is becoming of my life???

Purchased a new stem, could not find anything that bolts into stem cover. Decided to go with with a steer tube mount and in my mind reversing it works, haven’t tried it out yet. Looks much better vs on top of the stem.

Your Garmin position wouldn't work for me. When I'm starting to gnaw the bar tape and standing on a climb, my knees have a tendency of striking my stem bolts. I fear I'd break the Garmin mount.