Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

I wish you were right, though. Coldest day in Toronto last winter was -38C.

I will keep riding but will stop when it gets beyond -10C.

This morning it was a lovely 14C so no need for any of my purchases....yet! 

At -10 most Saffas would be crying for their mommies from under their duvets, let along riding their bicycles. Respect.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Customs must have killed you no ?

Nope, got lucky (again) and only got charged VAT and no duties  :thumbup:

Saved a good few grand that I immediately dumped into a XT 12-speed upgrade kit for the bike. (Only to find that I need a new crank, chainring and derailleur hanger as well  :stupid: )

Nope, got lucky (again) and only got charged VAT and no duties  :thumbup:

Saved a good few grand that I immediately dumped into a XT 12-speed upgrade kit for the bike. (Only to find that I need a new crank, chainring and derailleur hanger as well  :stupid: )

it is like buying two pairs of grips with one pair meant to be a spare and then it becomes the starting point of a whole new bike build!

At -10 most Saffas would be crying for their mommies from under their duvets, let along riding their bicycles. Respect.

We are the North!

Most mornings I leave the house in short sleeves when going to work even though its 16C outside. It's amazing how you change when live in a new country. Tomorrow at 05:30,14C with 40% chance or rain. Cycle I will! 

Any sort sort of physical activity at anything above 10° makes me cry - I overheat. I don't know about neg 10 but I wish the weather here was colder! But then again I am the guy that walks around in shorts and slops in London over Christmas and shows up to Jonkershoek mid winter in summer clothes (in fact I don't even own a pair of arm warmers).

Any sort sort of physical activity at anything above 10° makes me cry - I overheat. I don't know about neg 10 but I wish the weather here was colder! But then again I am the guy that walks around in shorts and slops in London over Christmas and shows up to Jonkershoek mid winter in summer clothes (in fact I don't even own a pair of arm warmers).

I think you need to visit a doctor, that's just wrong brah

I'm this guy :thumbup:  - anything below plus 10 and I cry for my mommy. Although I was slightly tougher this year with my new Assos thermal bib.  Not that tough mind you, I didn't ride K2C because the weather looked awful and my duvet was a better option.

In my defense I don't mind the cold as much on a road bike but I'm soft.  

I found that my trainer  (Wahoo Kickr) + TrainerRoad was the absolutely best money ever spend on my cycling.

3 yrs later have not changed my mind.

G

I might have accidentally tripped and bought a smart trainer.

Edited by awesme

Don't let your downhill friends find out about this Duane - or they'll NEVER stop pulling your leg!  ;)

Is your big toe okay?

You seem to trip often.  :ph34r:

I found that my trainer  (Wahoo Kickr) + TrainerRoad was the absolutely best money ever spend on my cycling.

3 yrs later have not changed my mind.

G

I'm hoping that all the "your eyes will open" "it all makes sense" analogies are true.