Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/30/2022 at 3:12 PM, Wayne pudding Mol said:

the bar tape is Brooks and its ruined me for life - everything else is rubbish now, even the really good stuff.

I was using the Cambium C17 - apparently the wrong size for me but my bum would disagree.  The fabric rubs through my boardshorts and bibs.  I'd like a leather one but I want a used one.

A hard no on the tanwalls for me 🤣

Were you using a 'normal' C17 or the Carved ?

I am keen to try the Brooks, but dont know which width will suit me.

3 minutes ago, splat said:

3 minutes ago, splat said:

the normal C17 - usually I would use a 143 saddle (spez, farr and fabric scoop all nice) but on this I was told to go bigger.  It's amazingly comfortable but seems to rub my bib.  That or the pressure from my fat ass.  I can lend you one to try if you like.  Cost me R87 to courier to you.  Needs a few rides.  I have a brand new one which I'll lend you but the older one is more comfy and worn in.

6 minutes ago, splat said:

i have a c17 and a c15 carved. They are both comfy depending on the bike. More upright riding ill say c17. Without the hole it takes a few km for your ass to heat the rubber up enough for it to conform a bit more. The carved is obviously a bit more flexy right from the go. I'm riding the carved c15 at the moment because it feels jsut a tad more comfy to me right from the go. I think for all day riding the 170mm c17 will hold up better. But it's obviously also based on the saddle width you need. I ride 140-150mm saddles on bikes with some saddle to bar drop. If you ride upright...c17 should feel like a nice stable base. 

They are heavy AF though....so if you can get over that, they are nice saddles.

14 hours ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Treated my old girl to some new bits.

She is a real soldier, never complaining and minimum running cost. 

New brake levers, rotors and dropper lever. (Most of these did not need replacing but when has that ever stopped us 😁

Playing with the idea of a SID 35 120MM and maybe carbon rims, I'm just worried it will spoil the ride. 

20220407_164806_copy_2100x2800.jpg

20220407_164849_copy_3200x2383.jpg

20220407_164718_copy_3106x2329.jpg

20220407_161850_copy_4624x3468.jpg

Nothing wrong with the Flow wheelset you have - instead of carbon rims, I'd spend my money elsewhere. Like building a rigid SS.

Agree on the wheels. Replace when they die eventually and even then the weight savings with carbon doesn't justify the cost.

Carbon wheel money does buy a lot of other lekker things. 

Edited by Steady Spin

On 4/8/2022 at 8:53 AM, Wayne pudding Mol said:

the normal C17 - usually I would use a 143 saddle (spez, farr and fabric scoop all nice) but on this I was told to go bigger.  It's amazingly comfortable but seems to rub my bib.  That or the pressure from my fat ass.  I can lend you one to try if you like.  Cost me R87 to courier to you.  Needs a few rides.  I have a brand new one which I'll lend you but the older one is more comfy and worn in.

Thanks for your offer.
Very generous of you.

I am inclined more towards the carved version though.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:57 AM, MORNE said:

i have a c17 and a c15 carved. They are both comfy depending on the bike. More upright riding ill say c17. Without the hole it takes a few km for your ass to heat the rubber up enough for it to conform a bit more. The carved is obviously a bit more flexy right from the go. I'm riding the carved c15 at the moment because it feels jsut a tad more comfy to me right from the go. I think for all day riding the 170mm c17 will hold up better. But it's obviously also based on the saddle width you need. I ride 140-150mm saddles on bikes with some saddle to bar drop. If you ride upright...c17 should feel like a nice stable base. 

They are heavy AF though....so if you can get over that, they are nice saddles.

I tried the C15 carved this morning, and that felt strange. MUCH more flexible than I imagined, to the point I was was wondering if it was too soft!
Perhaps I didn't have it set up right, but I had to be very sure that I wasn't sitting too far back otherwise I could feel the rail mount below.

Perhaps the C17 (carved) would be better because there is more surface area.

I am not worried about the weight, seeing as I am already heavy AF !

4 hours ago, splat said:

Thanks for your offer.
Very generous of you.

I am inclined more towards the carved version though.

I tried the C15 carved this morning, and that felt strange. MUCH more flexible than I imagined, to the point I was was wondering if it was too soft!
Perhaps I didn't have it set up right, but I had to be very sure that I wasn't sitting too far back otherwise I could feel the rail mount below.

Perhaps the C17 (carved) would be better because there is more surface area.

I am not worried about the weight, seeing as I am already heavy AF !

Or a non carved version. That is the general gripe with the carved ones..that they are too flexi

limited edition c17…might consider putting it in classifieds….maybe lol

2142FADD-9FCF-4982-AA7A-CD3D2558CD0C.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

18 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Or a non carved version. That is the general gripe with the carved ones..that they are too flexi

That matches my bar tape 

On 3/30/2022 at 3:59 PM, Wayne pudding Mol said:

On the right bike they look great - I have a lot of bling going on so black calms it all down a bit

ordered tan walls, plaid shirt, beard and gravel bike on the same day 18 months ago

Beard still hasn't sprouted and the tanwalls are in transit to Cape Town

thanks for those ;)

14 hours ago, MORNE said:

Oh my word
I just bought some bar tape today that may go well with that

image.png

Edited by splat