Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Waiting for assessment for discovery to finalize claim.

Let’s see. Although my Mrs is not keen on me getting back on roads.

Is the new 2012 Savage Kit going to be lumo green :P

EDIT: It would be cool if those stripes on the kit were reflective in low light conditions

Edited by Hairy

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought 3x sets, 2 mates and myself. Outperform how I was expecting, according to my mate; great for climbing, and tucking into a big wind cycling the peninsula, weigh next to nothing, and offer 2 - 3 extra hand positions, I like!

Recovering from surgery; more info when I’ve done a longish ride...

Chrispost-1199-0-08525900-1604945087_thumb.jpg

Bought 3x sets, 2 mates and myself. Outperform how I was expecting, according to my mate; great for climbing, and tucking into a big wind cycling the peninsula, weigh next to nothing, and offer 2 - 3 extra hand positions, I like!

Recovering from surgery; more info when I’ve done a longish ride...

Chrisattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Friend of mine got one of those in the ribs and was out for 3 months!!!!

Is the new 2012 Savage Kit going to be lumo green :P

EDIT: It would be cool if those stripes on the kit were reflective in low light conditions

2012? is it back to the future?

:P

Friend of mine got one of those in the ribs and was out for 3 months!!!!

I once took a rockshox lockout lever to the lower abdomen in a sudden out the front door scenario. Punctured the skin properly. I’ve not had ANYTHING shaped like a weapon protrude above my bars since!

Similar to what I’ve seen the end of a handlebar do to a body if no plug or grip damaged. Gives me chills....

I once took a rockshox lockout lever to the lower abdomen in a sudden out the front door scenario. Punctured the skin properly. I’ve not had ANYTHING shaped like a weapon protrude above my bars since!

Similar to what I’ve seen the end of a handlebar do to a body if no plug or grip damaged. Gives me chills....

Everybody breathe...! They have seriously rounded ends, I have had a pneumonia-thorax (punctured lung) on a bike before, these present no/low risk to me, they face away, and even a rotated handle a, low risk. I get where you are coming from, but they present very low risk, indeed.

Everybody breathe...! They have seriously rounded ends, I have had a pneumonia-thorax (punctured lung) on a bike before, these present no/low risk to me, they face away, and even a rotated handle a, low risk. I get where you are coming from, but they present very low risk, indeed.

Absolutely. Enjoy them. Mountain Biking can’t be done wearing bubble wrap. :-)

Bought a pair of Topeak Supersteel tyre levers for those stubborn tyres. Haven't used them yet for fitting a stubborn new tyre but they aren't great for getting tyres off. The ends are pretty blunt and one battles like heck to get the edge of the tyre lever under the lip of the tyre. Park Tool cheap blue plastic jobs work far better for that. [emoji85]

Wasn't a dig, just thought I would share a friends experience as his low risk turned pretty high when he went OTB.

Safe riding bud.

Wasn't a dig, just thought I would share a friends experience as his low risk turned pretty high when he went OTB.

Safe riding bud.

no sweat, understood, was hoping for ONE person to have a 'wow, that IS cool' moment, instead got 2 people with 'caution flags'!  ^_^

Seriously, all good, and I DO think they are borderline-revolutionary!

13-years back, wen Epic still had l-o-n-g gravel sections, I did put alu bar ends in MIDDLE of my handlebars, they worked very well indeed, but with them, I did feel their was a risk involved, so I made extra sure they had the necessesary end-plugs, but yes, over-the-bars could have been 'interesting'!

Cheers, thanks for the word of caution, appreciated.

Chris