Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna have a tough time pedalling that beauty though :ph34r:

Waited for that one! Shimano's internal chain-never need to clean and only lube once a year. De-railers fitted to have something to attach lose ends of shifter cables.

post-12226-1408297122,1719.jpg

Done and Dusted!!

My new chain would look lovely on that one!

Bought the all black kmc dlc one! (11-speed)

Yep. I used to have an Intense 5.5 (thus also 140mm), but this is on a different level.

I'm also going from an Intense 5.5 to a Pyga. But it's the Pascoe. Currently waiting for the large frame to arrive. Pat said its the last one in the countryt :D

The wife's Pascoe has an interim build on it while she waits for bits and pieces. Not sure if I should post?

Edited by Robodog

I'm also going from an Intense 5.5 to a Pyga. But it's the Pascoe. Currently waiting for the large frame to arrive. Pat said its the last one in the countryt :D

The wife's Pascoe has an interim build on it while she waits for bits and pieces. Not sure if I should post?

Just realised I posted it elsewhere already. Frame is going to be raw. Wheels have been built. Silver Spank Oozy with gunmetal Hope hubs, gunmetal nipples.

http://photos-a.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/10326574_783240421696352_376179997_n.jpg

WHAT ... 2 x Pascoe's in the house ... surely that is not legal!

As much as I'm loving the Pyga, I'm not sure if I totally get along with the monarch rt3 shock tune:

1. Though the sag is set to 30%, I am yet to bottom out fully. This suggests (to me at least) that the high speed compression damping may be a little too firm.

2. The rebound is on the fastest setting. It's probably ok as it is, but if I could I wouldn't mind experimenting with one or 2 notches faster.

3. I hardly ever use the platform compression adjustment setting. It's on open the whole time. If there was a more plush setting I'd probably flick into that some of the time.

So in short, I find it a bit overdamped. I'd be willing to trade off some pedalling efficiency for a bit more plushness and compliance over bumpy/rocky terrain. So at some point in the future I'm probably going to either get in there and adjust the shims, or get someone to do it for me, or look to upgrade the shock.

I'd be curious to know how the monarch plus compares. I've heard good things about it.

I thought I'd give an update on this for whoever is interested, and particularly for anyone who has has the same experience as me with the rear shock - probably mainly the lighter weight riders.

To cut a long story short I had the damper rebuilt by droo (Stoke Suspension) with light weight oil. This made a massive difference, and the outcome was as good as I could have hoped for. This was all very last minute before my trip to France.

It's much plusher now, and smoother over trail chatter. I'm getting full travel on rough trails and/or heavy landings without any harsh bottom with sag set to 30%. The rebound now has a sensible range of adjustment and I've set it faster than before. Tracking over rough stuff (rocks etc) has improved a lot, whereas before it would skate over, now the wheel stays pinned to the ground more. It feels like the suspension has really been brought to life.

As for the bike in general - I was really chuffed with the way it handled 2 weeks of being hammered in France, mainly on downhill tracks, in conditions that were sometimes a bit grim. I never felt like the bike was out of it's depth, even on trails where most people were on downhill bikes. (The rider may have been out of his depth every now and then)!

The thing I haven't tested yet is how the bike climbs after the oil change. I suspect I may be flicking the compression lever from time to time, whereas before I used to leave it pretty much permanently open. I don't foresee any problems here, technical climbing may even be better with more active suspension.

Edited by beanz

I thought I'd give an update on this for whoever is interested, and particularly for anyone who has has the same experience as me with the rear shock - probably mainly the lighter weight riders.

To cut a long story short I had the damper rebuilt by droo (Stoke Suspension) with light weight oil. This made a massive difference, and the outcome was as good as I could have hoped for. This was all very last minute before my trip to France.

It's much plusher now, and smoother over trail chatter. I'm getting full travel on rough trails and/or heavy landings without any harsh bottom with sag set to 30%. The rebound now has a sensible range of adjustment and I've set it faster than before. Tracking over rough stuff (rocks etc) has improved a lot, whereas before it would skate over, now the wheel stays pinned to the ground more. It feels like the suspension has really been brought to life.

As for the bike in general - I was really chuffed with the way it handled 2 weeks of being hammered in France, mainly on downhill tracks, in conditions that were sometimes a bit grim. I never felt like the bike was out of it's depth, even on trails where most people were on downhill bikes. (The rider may have been out of his depth every now and then)!

The thing I haven't tested yet is how the bike climbs after the oil change. I suspect I may be flicking the compression lever from time to time, whereas before I used to leave it pretty much permanently open. I don't foresee any problems here, technical climbing may even be better with more active suspension.

These chaps seem to always get things right!

Yea, they really came through for me in my hour of need.

Actually the oil change was plan B. The original intention was to change the shims but they couldn't get hold of the shim kit in time. But it worked out brilliantly.

This is something I'm battling with. I'm new to bikes with dual suspension and more travel and suspect that my settings aren't at all optimum. What is a good starting point for rebound and compression on both front and rear? I intend on spending some time on th the trail to tweak, but I want a good starting point.

Yea, they really came through for me in my hour of need.

Actually the oil change was plan B. The original intention was to change the shims but they couldn't get hold of the shim kit in time. But it worked out brilliantly.

If you guys don't mind. What do you weigh?