Team 360Life Suspension: David George busted

Jules

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love the comments from this sage -

A Tweet by @bsbrandon5 Love the fact all the guys making comments about this sitting behind your desks working... Pretty much trying to ruin the future of every pro cyclist in the country!

I don't think he understands that guys like David George and Lance Armstrong are ruining the sport and us mere mortals with 9 to 5 jobs are supporting the sport.

What a stupid tweet by a never was MTB pro, how many world champs has he competed in? Has he ever represented our nation at a cycling event? He vocally supports the dubious USN, aha he may be the founding member of the chemical brothers....

Kevin McCallum@KevinMcCallum

David George has just admitted to taking EPO, according to a statement from Nedbank.

Am I missing something here or has it been a long week already or am I still shell shocked from the Sharks losing and losing the bet.

Who are or what are the chemical brothers?

+1

Please explain.....

On 29th August 2012, I returned an out of competition positive test for Erythropoietin (EPO). I will not be asking for a B sample to be tested as I know the result will ultimately be the same. This decision will be communicated to Cycling South Africa (CSA) and Drug Free Sport shortly and according to protocol. I fully understand the consequences of my admission and will bear the results of this. Cycling, as you know, has been a confusing space and although it has given me incredible moments it has also given me experiences that no person or young athlete should have to go through.

EDIT: From Kevin McCallum

Edited by jcza

On 29th August 2012, I returned an out of competition positive test for Erythropoietin (EPO). I will not be asking for a B sample to be tested as I know the result will ultimately be the same. This decision will be communicated to Cycling South Africa (CSA) and Drug Free Sport shortly and according to protocol. I fully understand the consequences of my admission and will bear the results of this. Cycling, as you know, has been a confusing space and although it has given me incredible moments it has also given me experiences that no person or young athlete should have to go through.

Sorry, but thats a bullsh$t statement from DG! Cycling is a confusing space?? WTF Make a decsion: clean or dope. FFS. Ban him for life.......

Kudos for admitting it firsthand.

Has Kevin Evans issued a statement yet?

Want to know if he's worried about the results of his tests?

Not sure if Kevin McCallum is taking the piss or not only time will tell.

Apparently Nedbank have released a statement saying David George has admitted to taking EPO.

From twitter

Kevin McCallum@KevinMcCallum

"David George has just admitted to taking EPO, according to a statement from Nedbank."

Statement Snippet

"On 29th August 2012, I returned an out of competition positive test for Erythropoietin (EPO). I will not be asking for a B sample to be tested as I know the result will ultimately be the same. This decision will be communicated to Cycling South Africa (CSA) and Drug Free Sport shortly and according to protocol. I fully understand the consequences of my admission and will bear the results of this. Cycling, as you know, has been a confusing space and although it has given me incredible moments it has also given me experiences that no person or young athlete should have to go through."

If that's the case then I def think KE should sue him for losses...unless of course DG turns on him and implicates him. Going to get messy I think !

I think that it'll do more harm than good if they pulled the plug, I mean KE is an exceptional rider as well as James. So I'd say that those two are still good "ambassadors" for Nedbank unless of course it has something to do with the affiliation with a rider that doped (if that is the final verdict.)

Big corporates are unfortunately concerned rather with their corporate image than the livelihood of exceptional riders. With the Armstrong saga and now this hitting the SA scene there would be few corporates, who would in my opinion, remain in the cycling game with their image at risk through negative publicity. Rather they take, as Nedbank has done, a clear and strong stance against foul play regardless of whether the whole team is involved or not.

It is an extremely disappointing day for young potentials such a JR and existing potential KE or any other 360-Life future prospects (provided they are clean). SA cycling MTB in particular has such potential, yet we lack much financial support. Chasing away corporates who pump money into the sport and fund possible developments is the last thing this country needs at this stage. I wouldn't think DG had the financial leverage to bite the hand that feeds him.

Edited by jeremy.king