• 66º head angle

• Aluminum and carbon frame options

• Boost hub spacing

• Size: XS (alloy only) - XL

• Price: $2499 - $6999 USD

looks neat and like a jeffsy

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/canyon-spectral-first-ride-2018.html

some better angles;

http%3A%2F%2Fcoresites-cdn.factorymedia.http%3A%2F%2Fcoresites-cdn.factorymedia.

Edited by stefmeister

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And on the other end of the enduro spectrum, the Canyon Torque, 175mm travel, 27.5 wheels

why hello there beautiful 

Canyon killing it at the moment. I see rumour is they going to update the Strive next, possibly with 29" wheels.

Liking the burnt orange look.

ooooo, that looks to be a translucent paint job so you can see alum under the tinted coating .... VERY NICE.

Bogus .....If you are following, I assume you can copy this coat technique ?

Canyon killing it at the moment. I see rumour is they going to update the Strive next, possibly with 29" wheels.

HOT :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Liking the fact that you can buy a top/decent spec Al bike more. It's like we're being forced to buy carbon, as the upgrade path from std spec Al bikes will be just as expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Built my new toy, and had its first ride early this am.

Pretty bright morning for a black Friday...

Silverback Surface 2018, 140 frame - large, Mattoc Pro 2 Fork, borrowed wheels.

Good fun.

Now that you've had it for a while, what's your verdict on the bike?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Currently riding a Giant Trance 2 GE. Was in the sweet spot for everything I wanted. Biggest surprise to me was how light the frame feels. I've not weighed it but I think it might be worth investigating.

Only down side a little are the rims. They just feel a little cheaper than everything else on the bike.

Oh and I put my old saddle on it as I like it too much.280ac9a71efc522e2d387e5b8952394e.jpg

Hey hey,

I've changed the gearing since I'm a bit unfit at the moment - and climbing was hard - so I've gone for wider range at the rear end.

Other than that it's a blast!

The rear end is unbelievably stiff. I ride my suspension on trail setting all the time, and there's not any mention-able negative effect due to bobbing. Sure it moves - and this is not an out-the-saddle race climber, but climbing is effective with traction for days.

It is a fun bike on rolling trails and quite playful. It corners well and encourages a bit of raunchiness and roosting.

I don't see this bike as a one-bike quiver tbh - you won't podium XCO races on it and you won't win DH races on it. But all day trails and enduro - definitely.

It's stable in the air, and the more I've pushed it, the more it could take.  I'm sure I'll run out of skill before running out of bike capability.

The brakes (2018 Deore's) work well (I went for 180mm Icetec rotors front and rear) and haven't had a single issue. Good modulation and pretty powerful lock-up when needed.

The balance on the bike is spot-on, a short rear end means easy controlled manuals, even at low speed - very satisfying.

All in, it is a super fun bike and deffo worth a look!

Now that you've had it for a while, what's your verdict on the bike?