Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just completed a 15 inch bike build for my son, using a Chinese carbon frame. 

Attached is a spreadsheet with the cost and weight of the bike.

The frame, headset and seatpost were bought from Flyxii and the rest of the parts from http://www.bike-discount.de/en. The stem and handlebar are from an old bike. 

The fork is the cheapest (under 2 kg) 26 inch tapered fork that I could find and the wheelset is the cheapest (under 2 kg) with the same axle as the fork – 15mm, that I could find on the website.

Interesting stats – The weight of the frame, fork, wheelset and tyres represents 55% of the total weight and the cost of the frame, fork and wheelset, 55%.

Tax always a problem at 10%.

26 Inch bike build.pdf

Just a heads up gents, my bike was stolen off my bike rack after the PPA race (in CT) this weekend 

loved the project building it up and the bike, completely customized - so if anyone sees it ram the dude off.

would love to know where these f......rs take the bikes as its going to be very hard to ride such a customized bike in public

post-39019-0-66795000-1424722083_thumb.jpg

Hi guys

This must be the most read thread on the hub!

Meezo, I know I've been talking about it for years, but finally took the plunge - picked up a ultegra Di2 (11-32) 11 speed groupset and now need a home for it...

Like the look of the dengfu fm206 ( http://www.dengfubikes.com/product/detail.php?id=187) with some deep rims - 50 mm clinchers ( http://www.dengfubikes.com/product/detail.php?id=172 )

Does anyone have experience with the frame, how it rides etc, and whether it can handle a internal di2 battery?

Thanks

Luke

Oh and will it be allowed in triathlons (full iron man) ? (Not there yet, but dont want to have to re buy)

I have just completed a 15 inch bike build for my son, using a Chinese carbon frame.

Attached is a spreadsheet with the cost and weight of the bike.

The frame, headset and seatpost were bought from Flyxii and the rest of the parts from http://www.bike-discount.de/en. The stem and handlebar are from an old bike.

The fork is the cheapest (under 2 kg) 26 inch tapered fork that I could find and the wheelset is the cheapest (under 2 kg) with the same axle as the fork – 15mm, that I could find on the website.

Interesting stats – The weight of the frame, fork, wheelset and tyres represents 55% of the total weight and the cost of the frame, fork and wheelset, 55%.

Tax always a problem at 10%.

Please post pics of the finished bike.

How did you get the postage so low???

Please post pics of the finished bike.

How did you get the postage so low???

I will post some pics when the bike is completed, just waiting for the brake rotors, which I forgot to order the first time.  I am based in Mauritius and I saw that the postage here is 30 Euros compare to 50 Euros for South Africa.

I will post some pics when the bike is completed, just waiting for the brake rotors, which I forgot to order the first time.  I am based in Mauritius and I saw that the postage here is 30 Euros compare to 50 Euros for South Africa.

The prices of the Flyxii products includes postage.

Do any of the chinese brands bring in fat bike frames or complete bikes?

No they don't bring them in, you must do it yourself...

Or get someone that is comfortable with the procedure to do it for you. 

They do however manufacture the fat frames, if that is what you where asking.

Anybody other than flyxii that make s a saddle this shape? Some have ones that curve up but not a smooth beauty like this that I have seen.

post-64285-0-65813800-1425564180_thumb.jpg

Hi guys , I've got a question . My niece bought some wheels from China for her TT bike 60mm full carbon wheels . She can't use them as she gets blown all over the road with them . Is it advisable to sell in normal classifieds ( being that the copies FFwd wheels . ) cheers ,Matt

post-17119-0-50809300-1426236856_thumb.jpg

Hi guys , I've got a question . My niece bought some wheels from China for her TT bike 60mm full carbon wheels . She can't use them as she gets blown all over the road with them . Is it advisable to sell in normal classifieds ( being that the copies FFwd wheels . ) cheers ,Matt

should be ok, make sure advertised as chinese wheels with "FFwd" stickers on, as well as voetstoets, and then stress again with potential buyers that they are from Chinese...

should be ok, make sure advertised as chinese wheels with "FFwd" stickers on, as well as voetstoets, and then stress again with potential buyers that they are from Chinese...

Thanks Meezo , will do !