Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

One more thing. They give me 2 bottom bracket options. BB30 and BSA English thread 72mm. So this is where I am very dom. I've got BB52 in my current bike with XT crank. Where to from here?

Which one of the two do I take if any?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing. They give me 2 bottom bracket options. BB30 and BSA English thread 72mm. So this is where I am very dom. I've got BB52 in my current bike with XT crank. Where to from here?

Which one of the two do I take if any?

BSA, unless you want to buy a new crank.  Your BB52 threads into a BSA thread on the frame.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking a making a purchase of a carbon hard tail frame. Taking a 2017 Scott Scale 940 components and swooping them over I need to check the BB story. I'm not 100% mechanical. The BB on the Scott is a Shimano BB-MT500-PA / shell 41x89.5mm running a Shimano XT FC-M8000-2 / Hollowtech 2 crank set.

On the carbon frame you can choose between a BSA English Thread 73mm or BB30. I take it I cannot use the current BB and a BB to fit the carbon frame, will it be compatible with my crank set?

Any advice would be appreciated

That current BB you're using is a press fit BB.

BB30 is actually a SRAM standard for press fit bb.

Personally I'd buy the BSA frame, and just get an M8000 external bb locally

Shimano cranks if i remember correctly weren't to particular about being press fit or bsa/gxp unlike SRAM.

Thank you very much. One less thing to worry about.

Now to choose between the 2 frames.

give some thought to the diff between through-axle vs QR. future proof and more wheel options I think

Hi guys.

I have a Carbon dual suspension that I bought as a student and built a bike with to ride the baviaans. Ended up riding with it and then the back wheels hub went after 3 rides and had to borrow someones elses bike. At the beginning of this year I sent it off for a spray job and ended up getting a cannondale frame for a good price. So the frame is just chilling on the shelf at this moment and thinking of selling it. Its a 650B frame. What do you reckon its worth?

post-29974-0-79114600-1501140669_thumb.jpg

post-29974-0-06824800-1501140688_thumb.jpg

post-29974-0-99505100-1501140707_thumb.jpg

Hi guys.

I have a Carbon dual suspension that I bought as a student and built a bike with to ride the baviaans. Ended up riding with it and then the back wheels hub went after 3 rides and had to borrow someones elses bike. At the beginning of this year I sent it off for a spray job and ended up getting a cannondale frame for a good price. So the frame is just chilling on the shelf at this moment and thinking of selling it. Its a 650B frame. What do you reckon its worth?

What they go for now - around $600?  You could probably ask for half that - so, depending on the exchange rate between R4 and R5k?

Any more than that you can start picking up name brand frames for the same money.  I'm not saying the name brands are better - just that given a choice between a blank and a name brand at similar prices, most normally go for the name brand...

My 2 c...

• 3 weeks later...

What they go for now - around $600? You could probably ask for half that - so, depending on the exchange rate between R4 and R5k?

Any more than that you can start picking up name brand frames for the same money. I'm not saying the name brands are better - just that given a choice between a blank and a name brand at similar prices, most normally go for the name brand...

My 2 c...

Without a shock, even less.

Hi Guys, 

To pick this up again, as I've been off the hub for a looong time. 

Who are the guys to buy from locally?

Also what are prices for road frames?

Thanks 

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, 

To pick this up again, as I've been off the hub for a looong time. 

Who are the guys to buy from locally?

Also what are prices for road frames?

Thanks 

I think its easiest to find the Chinese frame you want, and then find the same frame on Aliexpress.

check out 

http://www.dengfubikes.com/

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/

http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/

http://www.tantancycling.com/

and

http://chinertown.com for reviews....

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any experience with buying fake Cinelli Ram bars.

Saw the below advertised on Ebay for $75 and would like to see feedback before going ahead?

post-8350-0-54370800-1507805405_thumb.jpg

I'm itching to get one of these frames. Looks really nice. Anybody got this design and can comment on the geometry and how it handles?

post-14677-0-54025800-1508155127_thumb.jpg