Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

I fitted Quaxar SRAM copy brake pads toe th back caliper on my bike. So far  and around 120km or so in, and they are working as well or better than the originals. It took one short dh to bed them in. No noise at all either. Durability remains to be seen, but at 1/3 the price they would have to be really cr#p to be worse value than SRAM.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a Maxxis DHF in the Classifieds, but its 29 x 2.3inch wide. I recall reading that they mount up on the narrow side. I'm not looking for plus tires, but I do want to upgrade from my IBEX 2.25" which is a touch narrow. Can anyone help? (30mm ID rim)

Theres a Maxxis DHF in the Classifieds, but its 29 x 2.3inch wide. I recall reading that they mount up on the narrow side. I'm not looking for plus tires, but I do want to upgrade from my IBEX 2.25" which is a touch narrow. Can anyone help? (30mm ID rim)

You're looking at around the same width as the Ibex 2.25". For a 30mm rim I'd reccommend the 2.5" DHF - mounts up nicely and blows up to around 2.4" in reality.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

You're looking at around the same width as the Ibex 2.25". For a 30mm rim I'd reccommend the 2.5" DHF - mounts up nicely and blows up to around 2.4" in reality.

I feared that.. whats the 2.4WT like?

I'm waiting for a deal on the hub.. But I'M also really happy with my IBEX just a tad narrow and has a whobble in it after my crash.. Just thought I'd go check what all the hype was about and get a DHF. Magic Mary also looks good. 

I'm waiting for a deal on the hub.. But I'M also really happy with my IBEX just a tad narrow and has a whobble in it after my crash.. Just thought I'd go check what all the hype was about and get a DHF. Magic Mary also looks good. 

Mary > DHF in my opinion. Pity, cos if you were 650 I'd sell you the spare Asseguy I have in the van. 

DHF is in 2.5WT & DHR is in 2.4WT

DHF is in 2.5WT & DHR is in 2.4WT

Cool. 

Some guys say the Assguy is quite a slow roller, opinions?

DHR2 2.4WT mounts up 2.3inch wide on 30mm rims.

If you like a Ibex why not go to 2.4? Else a Spez' Eliminator is a good roller / good gripper. Then the usual suspects - Mary, DHR 2.4 or DHF 2.4 - if you can actually pick a difference.

2.4 WT DHR pretty much the same width as the 2.5 WT DHF... they were my last 2 tyres on the front, happy as a pig in crap with both of them! To be honest it just comes down to what's in stock - in a blind test I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two.

Cool.

Some guys say the Assguy is quite a slow roller, opinions?

Yep. And heavier than a Mary in supergravity. But she grips. Until I give her an unsaveable situation, where I literally had the front tyre sideways and resulted in my latest injury. Slightly better transition than Mary, which is saying a lot. Outright grip? Don't much know yet but will try to find out this winter. To live up to the Mary though will take a Herculean effort.

Re rolling resistance. Up front I don't give a fark. At the rear I care about that, which is why I've chamfered the mid knobs of the Mary I've now relegated to back tyre duty cos it was time to move it there.

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

Yep. And heavier than a Mary in supergravity. But she grips. Until I give her an unsaveable situation, where I literally had the front tyre sideways and resulted in my latest injury. Slightly better transition than Mary, which is saying a lot. Outright grip? Don't much know yet but will try to find out this winter. To live up to the Mary though will take a Herculean effort.

Re rolling resistance. Up front I don't give a fark. At the rear I care about that, which is why I've chamfered the mid knobs of the Mary I've now relegated to back tyre duty cos it was time to move it there.

Still injured?

Jeez le weez... Bad luck there mate slow down a bit

I am still loving the Aggressor 2.5  up front. I think its a very underated front tyre. No weird moments at Tokai  - the thing seems pretty tough too. will give one a go out back when the Butcher finally gives up.

Myles can you really blame the tyre for your crash? I do agree that little beats a MM for sheer confidence inspiring grip up front. 

Still injured?

Jeez le weez... Bad luck there mate slow down a bit

I sneezed really really hard this morning and felt and heard something pop. Back in, or out, I'm not sure yet but since then it's been agony as much as the initial 2 days. Shoulder is better, but oh my goodness this was painful.

I am still loving the Aggressor 2.5 up front. I think its a very underated front tyre. No weird moments at Tokai - the thing seems pretty tough too. will give one a go out back when the Butcher finally gives up.

Myles can you really blame the tyre for your crash? I do agree that little beats a MM for sheer confidence inspiring grip up front.

No, not at all. The blame was mine entirely, anf even though I was still getting used to them and the carbon rims, I was the one that stuffed up. No tyre would have been able to save that. All down to me. Was just saying that at some point, grip doesn't matter cos you're asking it to do something it just simply can't. In my case, that was trying to do something stupid, on a bike that was reacting far faster than what I was used to, thanks to THOSE rims. Resulted in a sideways and downward facing front wheel and a washout that was super fast. Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem