LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

- give some thought to this approach. http://www.nutrition...1/30��Don't be confused by the work "ketogenic", this diet is not ketogenic for everyone, but I now know 9 people who have tried it and they have all benefitted in terms of kick starting weight loss.

- keep a food diary. not accurate to the last gram, but make sure you capture everything you eat. This will help you later if you need to tweak the diet or go see a dietician, etc

- hang in there. this is the difficult period, I promise it does get easier :)

http://www.nutritionj.com/content/7/1/30

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks deanbean.

So it's as I suspected (supply side forces), not as I hoped (demand side).

But I'll continue to daydream about the day we have a 'Sweden moment' where we run out of butter due to very high demand.

I wonder how long that will take.

http://www.sabreakin...for-afrikaners/

What do we make of this?

If you have familial hypercholesterolemia then investigate, otherwise ignore.

I do love the double standards .. Dalby says Noakes has no controlled study, but then quotes the experience of ONE patient "He said one of his patients’ blood cholesterol level more than doubled when she switched from her statins (medication) to the high-fat diet.

:whistling:

Useful resource for understanding cholesterol is "cholesterol clarity" book by Westman & Moore.

Also understand that cholesterol does not cause heart failure / disease ... lipoproteins are the cause. We only look at cholesterol because it is an (old, inaccurate) proxy for cholesterol measurement.

Anyway. Who knows where I can get a copy of the Real Meal Revolution? Cholestorol has rocketed up to 6.5 from my normal 4.5 and I am starting to exercise in earnest again, so I have a real motivation to begin the journey (I haven't been doing it at all properly recently)

Karl Ahari dot kom

No stock @ Kalahari. I ordered a copy, but delivery keeps being delayed. I cancelled my order.

Bargain Books apparently have copies for sale, so I will try there.

No stock @ Kalahari. I ordered a copy, but delivery keeps being delayed. I cancelled my order.

Yup

Kalahari gave me a release date of 30 June this year May while the books were already widely available. As my wife did the order on her e-bucks she decided to wait it out. We then received the book two weeks after the "release date".

Nah. It's simple Dairy economics. Directly tied to the cost of milk, and have you seen how that's risen!!!

Has anyone tracked the price of nuts lately?

Since when are almonds more expensive that macadamias?

I think that apart from the book sales, Tim Noakes has shares in tree nut farms :ph34r:

Yup

Kalahari gave me a release date of 30 June this year May while the books were already widely available. As my wife did the order on her e-bucks she decided to wait it out. We then received the book two weeks after the "release date".

Dischem had some......

Yikes, cause I ordered two weeks ago while the still had stock to allow it to be delivered before my dad's birthday next week. I hope it arrives before then.

I have a question:

Can a body reach a metabolic state of glycosis (complete opposite of ketosis), where most of your energy store is supplied from carbs and starches, without having a high blood glucose level? The LCHF lifestyle proves that the body's ability to adapt is incredible and is capable of building a metabolic 'memory'.

I'm not talking about carbo-loading, but rather a state where your body regulates blood sugar much faster to prevent hyper/hypo-glycemia. Anyway, it would've been a good control experiment to show the benefits of LCHF regardless.

Yup

Ordered my through the CNA online store, arrived in 5 days.

One times Real Meal Revolution bought from Bargain Books - they only had 2 left (1 now) at the Canal Walk store. Yes, more expensive than Carl Ahari, but it's in my grubby paws now instead of godknowswhen

Yikes, cause I ordered two weeks ago while the still had stock to allow it to be delivered before my dad's birthday next week. I hope it arrives before then.

I have a question:

Can a body reach a metabolic state of glycosis (complete opposite of ketosis), where most of your energy store is supplied from carbs and starches, without having a high blood glucose level? The LCHF lifestyle proves that the body's ability to adapt is incredible and is capable of building a metabolic 'memory'.

I'm not talking about carbo-loading, but rather a state where your body regulates blood sugar much faster to prevent hyper/hypo-glycemia. Anyway, it would've been a good control experiment to show the benefits of LCHF regardless.

I believe it can, I was eating that way for a while and my blood glucose was nice and low.

In the long term though it got out of hand, right up to the point of borderline type 2 diabets.

Its nice and low again since I started a keto style diet.

Exclusive got stock in this week!