LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

It's a given that one are always hungry, or at least willing to eat something. That is why we are battling with weight.

I think what works for me is that my breakfast is very early, at 6:30 when I'm not even hungry. So is the trick to eat before you are hungry and then it easier to handle the eating impulse?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys - then you are not eating enough at meal time... EAT MORE!! Have a 3 egg omelette and fill it more... try and be full (not stuffed though). I swear - keep boiled eggs ready to go. Smash 2 and you will be sorted.

PS : the small peanuts & raisins have 14g carbs for that little bag - I was desperate yesterday (didnt have eggs or droewors available in my car). Ate them and THEN read the packet. Wanted to freak because now no wine!!!!

Guys - then you are not eating enough at meal time... EAT MORE!! Have a 3 egg omelette and fill it more... try and be full (not stuffed though). I swear - keep boiled eggs ready to go. Smash 2 and you will be sorted.

PS : the small peanuts & raisins have 14g carbs for that little bag - I was desperate yesterday (didnt have eggs or droewors available in my car). Ate them and THEN read the packet. Wanted to freak because now no wine!!!!

For breakfast, my favourite is to chop a small whole onion, fry it in a pan with losts of butter. When the onoins are golden brown I spread them evenly on the pan, then beat three eggs and add them to the pan to create my onion omelette. Yum! Edited by Excite_Bike

• 1 month later...

From the Guardian UK

Replacing animal fat in the human diet with vegetable oil may not lower the risk of heart disease, and might even boost it, according to a study that challenges a cornerstone of dietary advice.

Switching from saturated to unsaturated Omega-6 fats did result in lower blood cholesterol in a trial with nearly 10,000 participants, the US study said, but not the expected reduction in heart disease deaths.

Those with a greater reduction in cholesterol “had a higher rather than a lower risk of death”, according to the research published by the medical journal BMJ.

For breakfast, my favourite is to chop a small whole onion, fry it in a pan with losts of butter. When the onoins are golden brown I spread them evenly on the pan, then beat three eggs and add them to the pan to create my onion omelette. Yum!

Even better - chuck some curry powder in with the onions... 

And chopped up leftovers from the night before...

• 3 months later...

So been on this now for a few days since monday. How long does the switch to fat adapt usually take? Feel like dog sh*t today...

So been on this now for a few days since monday. How long does the switch to fat adapt usually take? Feel like dog sh*t today...

It will differ between people, but I think at least 3 weeks- they call it carb flu. Hang in there

Started up again, had a single slice of toast with avo, mozzo cheese,  mushroom, left over wors and two fried eggs.. Got some coconut oil for the mid morning push and a late afternoon dinner of chicken breasts and fire asparagus lined up...

I am wheening myself off the toast, so one slice is better than 2!  :-) 

I find it much easier if I plan for the day!

7b9da28a6b5dce82e6f87a8c7656ba97.jpg

Edited by the nerd

It will differ between people, but I think at least 3 weeks- they call it carb flu. Hang in there

I thought it was 3 days if you very strict. But I'm not sure.

Make sure you get enough salt.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Haven't read through all of this or any other LCHF articles. 

What I'd like to know is how much of carb is actually considered low ? Being vegan I can't really tackle this but I'd like to pay more attention to my carb intake.

Haven't read through all of this or any other LCHF articles.

What I'd like to know is how much of carb is actually considered low ? Being vegan I can't really tackle this but I'd like to pay more attention to my carb intake.

Less than 50g per day afaik Edited by Myles Mayhew

Less than 50g per day afaik

Yip. And less that 20 nett carbs at first to trigger Ketosis. (approx 3 days).

Yip. And less that 20 nett carbs at first to trigger Ketosis. (approx 3 days).

Or just go for a very long fasted ride. Water only. Take salt.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Long fasted ride is not a problem, but 20g carbs is going to be difficult. Will do some homework on this, just really need a kick start to loose about 5kg in total.