LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not tried the product, but if protein is your concern, why not just eat real food? Biltong, nuts, eggs.

All the ingredients in products like these tend to look like a chemistry book ... Im never sure what they all actually do.

My rule: If it's not recognisable as food ... It probably isn't.

This one should be phased out and followed up by the 5:2 diet, oh how I yearn to read all the stupid post about it.

I've not tried the product, but if protein is your concern, why not just eat real food? Biltong, nuts, eggs.

All the ingredients in products like these tend to look like a chemistry book ... Im never sure what they all actually do.

Good point actually. Cheers

Maybe because it costs less than biltong and nuts. However, they don't state the weight content of the R329 tub, so it is difficult to compare.

Maybe because it costs less than biltong and nuts. However, they don't state the weight content of the R329 tub, so it is difficult to compare.

it says 600g on the pic of the bottle, so I suspect it'll be that. 

Guys - what is the serving size (so how much out of 600g) and then do the costing vs eggs, biltong, nuts, cheese.

Secondly, what are the ingredients?  Anything powdery must have something binding it -doubt it is coconut/almond flour or psyllium husks?

Thirdly, do you need to up your protein - be careful - too much protein has the same effect as carbs (insulin spike and fat storage).  Are you sure you dont need to up your fat (you vegan??)?

Guys - what is the serving size (so how much out of 600g) and then do the costing vs eggs, biltong, nuts, cheese.

Secondly, what are the ingredients?  Anything powdery must have something binding it -doubt it is coconut/almond flour or psyllium husks?

Thirdly, do you need to up your protein - be careful - too much protein has the same effect as carbs (insulin spike and fat storage).  Are you sure you dont need to up your fat (you vegan??)?

1½ scoop per 200 – 250ml of water (or with 30ml cream).

serving size: 30g (1½ scoop)

Nutrition Info Per Serving – 30g (1½ scoop)

• Protein 20,4g

• Fat 5,1g

• Carbohydrates 2,3g

• Calories 138,4

• Cholesterol 191,9mg

Ingredients per serving – 30g (1½ scoop)

Milk Protein (Whey Isolate or Whey Concentrate, Calcuim Caseinate), Egg Protein (Phosvitin) – Amino Acids: Alanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Cystine, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Histidine, Hydroxyproline, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Theronine, Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Valine, Yolk Lecithin, AA (arachidonic acid), DHA (docosahexanoic acid), Phosphatidycholine, Stevia.

Twenty servings in a container. Each serving about the same protein as three eggs. In eggs it's about the same as 60 eggs. No idea what 60 eggs will cost

Saw R39-90 for 30 eggs Large

Edited by François Marais

Looked it up. At Spar which is listed as the cheapest it's R20 a dozen and Woolies is double that. 5 dozen eggs is R100 at Spar, R200 at Woolies. Both are much cheaper than that powder.

Twenty servings in a container. Each serving about the same protein as three eggs. In eggs it's about the same as 60 eggs. No idea what 60 eggs will cost

Saw R39-90 for 30 eggs Large

yeah, about R 30 to R 100 for 30 large eggs, depending on supply, source & type (grain fed / free range / battery etc)