Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Spidy do you perhaps have 'big pecs' or tattoos, come on out with it ....... :whistling: ;)

I'm ugly. Does that count? :unsure:

Stanazolol, is a long word to type, Lets call it Winstrol.

I can't pin point the exact date, but the Winstrol i took was probably in about August.

We can say 'based on my experience', but i've never had any blood work done, so i dont know how long any Winstrol I've ever taken (in the many years and occasions i took it) lasted in my system. Each person's body is different, so the rate of absorbtion and time it stays in ones system can vary.

I hate to bring his name in because I quite like the guy, but Owen Hannie was caught with winstrol, and he took it 5 months before he was tested.

It would be interesting to hear from some qualified folks opinion on this.

I'd assume that a few months would be long enough for it work out your system, but that's just my assumption.

Calling the Sports Scientist types who I know follow the hub....this is your cue come in now....

No, It's like WWE, you kinda just know everyones juiced up.

Bit of an ignorant question but are drugs banned in body building competitions like with in other sports?

[assumptions] This oke is a standard gym bunny who takes loads of supplements every day. Being tested at the epic would mean he must have known there was a good chance of coming up with a positive. [/assumptions]

I'm not going to take an aggressive stance to the negative comments made by people who've never met me or know who or what I'm about, (one that a 'gym bunny' may typically be expected to take).

I'd apologise for stereotyping, BUT I was pretty clear about it being speculation and,,,well if the glove fits?

I was a bit suprised to find out it was a hubber, and looking at the post count, a regular hubber who I've probably agreed with along the way many times. I do respect the openness that you've responded to this with.

I don't have any sympathy for you, though. You've knowingly cheated in a sport for 13 years, with the justification that everyone else does it. You get caught participating in another sport, where it was pretty much screamed from the every mountaintop that they were going zero tolerance on drug use. That's justification for me that resources spent testing the back of the field are not wasted. If the talk of the ego dopers from the subvets has any substance then they must be thinking twice now.

The fact that CSA released your name is not really the issue. You knew that you'd been tested and now the president of the CSA personally phones you to say the UCI has sent you an email. I'm not sure if i could go to sleep without reading that (I probably would have read it on my blackberry, the files weren't too big to download..they were too big to be covered by bbs so would have had extra charges).

Anyway, I don't beat around the bush. What you did was pretty stupid. You'll be that guy who doped to get 545th place at the epic (when we know it actually wasn't performance enhancing at all). You do seem a very straight shooter too, and haven't shirked it now that your hands were in the cookie jar. You're on a platform that very few would ever want to be on, it's really up to you to find a way to turn it into a positive experience. Don't sell the bike!

Bit of an ignorant question but are drugs banned in body building competitions like with in other sports?

No, that's one of the reasons why the International Federation Of Body Building has failed at all attempts to have bodybuilding classified as an olympic sport.

I do like your signature......funny. :clap: :w00t:

Better than the previous lance armstrong quote he had ... :whistling:

Barry, in your capacity as a personal trainer, what would you say to a client who wanted to juice up or dope in any way?

I'd assume that a few months would be long enough for it work out your system, but that's just my assumption.

Calling the Sports Scientist types who I know follow the hub....this is your cue come in now....

Are you spearheading a hub investigation...?

Tell you what, I'll keep you 100% in the loop with the entire process i'll be going through with the UCI, CSA and SAIDS as it unfolds. They'll be conducting the investigation and deciding on the outcome.

Why would it matter he's not disputing the finding anyway? He's moved on I guess but many won't .....

We pick on the UCI because of the unprofessional way this situation has been handled by them.

I don't care what their findings are, I care how they treated this.

Barry will come a hero out of this, even if they ban him... his story is a good read.

That's exactly what I don't get

Anti doping brigade did their job they caught someone who used a seriously illegal substance, not even piss willy one that can be ingested accidently or through ignorance i.e. via cold and flu medication.

The UCI or SACAA stuff up by publicly releasing the test before telling the athlete is insignificant in light of what effect dopers have had on cycling.

All's fair in love and war....and anti doping

That's exactly what I don't get

Anti doping brigade did their job they caught someone who used a seriously illegal substance, not even piss willy one that can be ingested accidently or through ignorance i.e. via cold and flu medication.

The UCI or SACAA stuff up by publicly releasing the test before telling the athlete is insignificant in light of what effect dopers have had on cycling.

All's fair in love and war....and anti doping

Remember that he admitted to taking the stuff while body building, which one would expect, but he didn't go into a cycle race deliberately doping like a pro would do, last time he took the stuff was months before EPIC.

Barry, in your capacity as a personal trainer, what would you say to a client who wanted to juice up or dope in any way?

I haven't been a personal trainer for many years. I'm a real estate agent. If a person wanted to take any PED's that's really up to them. If they wanted to take it for competitive cycling where it's banned, i'd advise againsed it. If theyre one of my bodybuilding mates who's gonna take it regardless of my opinion, i'd possibly ask what he intends taking and advise him on safer alternatives in terms of dosage and precautionary measures so he doesn't cause himself any damage.