Sani2C 2014

Hermanus Cycles

i might have missed an earlier post, but does anyone know where we can find the photos they took?

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the WPs were great. Those old oomies and tannies at the Lions table were great, the kids in Valley were super helpful! BUT that first WP on Day 3 with the boeries...... hmmmm

My wife has a ladies L Aca Joe jacket to swop for a XL or even XXL.

To swap for mens XL or ladies XL?

To swap for mens XL or ladies XL?

Please ignore! My bad. I was want to swap my XL grey jacket for a ladies large for my wife (if possible).

Mmmm, the best water points? or the best places to stop?

WP 1 on day, is classic. Those kids love running up to you and ask if they can hold your bike, before you can say yes your glasses have been removed and polished, then some other one runs up to to fill your water. Simply love the enthusiasm they have to help you. You cannot help but stop, and they have the best jam doughnuts by faaaaar!

The 2nd water point on day 1, the pub is always open :clap: , and of course the little hill after that is very much a blur. Miss the flapjacks Illovo used to put on. It is at this water point that carbo loading starts for day2.

Now the Nando's stop used to be great. Those farmer dudes always had a few cold ones hidden away. Nothing like a burger and beer - push of a climb is a breeze after that, or rather what you can remember after that. Hydrating on beer does have some after effects. But this year beer was banned by Sean, the chief organiser - he said the helpers lacked self control as the last back markers came through and getting ready for the next day always went into the dark. Who remembers the kids swimming in the containers keeping the drinks cold?

But the bar was seriously raised this year at WP2 on day 2, those eggs dipped in that sauce, followed by speckled chocolate eggs. I mean when we go shopping those things dont even make it into the house, and now there are bowls at the water points ...... bring it on.

But bring on day 3 ! Man fried banana's, bacon, chocolates, buns and a G&T a cup of tea from inside and you are all sorted for the rest of the day, till you hit those Lions at WP2 on day 3, fried chicken and mayo .....

But this highlights the low standard of the water points - as they never have enough food, never have enough water, never have anything. So I would once again suggest you all do not enter ..... till I have my entry :whistling:

Yep

Nope

Hahaha. I remember seeing you coming into the medic's tent after day 2 and there were a bunch of us waiting for the "hydrochloric acid" Eye Drops from hell, :whistling: and you were apologizing for Mooning us as they cleaned up your ass.

Edited by Spoke101

My wife has a ladies L Aca Joe jacket to swop for a XL or even XXL.

OR...To swop my wife's ladies L for a mens M or L? Come on, make your wife's day (please).

OR...To swop my wife's ladies L for a mens M or L? Come on, make your wife's day (please).

I have a mens medium and want a mens small... now we need a 3rd person... :)

I have a mens medium and want a mens small... now we need a 3rd person... :)

We may just be sorted! Men's and ladies looks virtually the same and same colours. Mens S is about the same size as a ladies L.

We may just be sorted! Men's and ladies looks virtually the same and same colours. Mens S is about the same size as a ladies L.

I am willing to try sometime - pm me.

i had an absolute blast in the race...got a freebie! the route was amazing, the setup was also amazing. my partner burnt all his matches on day 1 so we were slow after that, but it was still great fun. I cant recommend this race enough! well done farmer Glen and all your team

no buddie YOU DID NOT LOOK AFTER YOUR PARTNER,,,,SHAME ON YOU

no buddie YOU DID NOT LOOK AFTER YOUR PARTNER,,,,SHAME ON YOU

Mike keeps breaking his partners.... :whistling: crapping myself for 3 Towers

Mike keeps breaking his partners.... :whistling: crapping myself for 3 Towers

HOW DOES THAT SAYING GO

A CHAIN...........

THERE IS NO I ..........

SHAMEFULL