Seller's Integrity

"Stevens"

Whoever brings cash first is the right buyer. That's with shop deals or private.

This should also be treated as a private deal, not a shop one.

Sorry you missed out, but they also didn't specify how the first three would be received.

Welcome to the hub lottery, where those with the fastest fingers get the deals!

Oh, and grow a pair, while you're about it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@dmc 007. Surely you have " sold " something to someone only to find out the eft has not come through that was promised, cheque is in the mail, times are tough money in the till is better than a message on a screen indicating interest

I'm not a regular Seller on the Hub and all my transactions has gone thru smoothly.

But do understand when someone runs a business off this and has burnt fingers.

Seriously got to laugh at the logic of some of these posts - Make an effort to get it, lol.

A buyer assumes integrity of the seller by simply replying to an ad with interest and the intent to buy, if they were first like in this case then it should by all right be sold to them.

If a seller posts and ad here it's their responsibility to check PM's because thats is the communication used as a first response, not the phone. I've never once phoned first, last time I checked the year was 2013 and anyone who demeans a PM over a call is living in the past.

Fair is fair and it's simple, dont post an ad if your are going to ignore responses.

Edited by Gambithunt

The shop failed in selling this fairly by ignoring posts and not specifying phone calls as level of engagement.

Rather not use the marketplace of HubSA if posts (offers) are not taken seriously.

Edited by ' Dale

Posted Today, 21:07

Seriously got to laugh at the logic of some of these posts - Make an effort to get it, lol.

Laugh if you want but the person who made the effort got the product!!!

I've never once phoned first, last time I checked the year was 2013 and anyone who demeans a PM over a call is living in the past.

The call got the seller the cash in his till before he got to read the PM,( he explained he is running a business) couldn't get more simple if only posting a PM worked the OP would have the product and not be here unhappy that the BUYER got the CASH to the SELLER FIRST and got the product

We're you were right is the LOGIC part,,,,it's very logical that a seller would SELL a product to a cash paying customer rather than a promise on a thread

The shop failed in selling this fairly by ignoring posts and not specifying phone calls as level of engagement.

Rather not use the marketplace of HubSA if posts (offers) are not taken seriously.

Dale you spend a lot of time on the hub, look at it like this.. You running a shop you got excess stock you want to dump,

So you place an ad and go on about your day trying to run a business, obviously this shop has walk in trade, ARE YOU GOING TO CHECK PM all day or help walk in trade and get to "paper work " when you get a gap???

By him leaving a tel number he is giving other options of contact, obviously the first 3 calls saying I want the product asked for directions got in there cars and came and paid

At the end of the day maybe the seller decided wow let me check why all the interest on the product and saw all the PM ???

Why I say you spend a lot of time here not all HUBBERS do so I just feel bringing the sellers integrity into it is not 100% fair

There is integrity that the buyer should also adhere to. Seen way too many times people asking for an item even putting dibs on it but never put their money where their mouth is. If you want to sell an item you mostly work on a first come first serve basis whether through pm's or emails or cellphone.

Edited by MTB Marinio

As the owner of goods surely you have free choice to sell to whoever you see fit? As long as you have not committed to a particular buyer that they can have item and then sell it to someone else i see no issue. Questioning someones integrity based on that they did not check the hub for pm...sorry I simply cannot agree. Even if they did check PM there are various reasons why you might choose one seller over another other than first come first serve...e.g. location, security of sale etc.

I must say I can see the OP problem here BUT I am with the seller on this one.

I sold a RCX5 in the last few weeks on here. I had literally 7 PM's from guys saying they definitely want it. I replied and NOTHING... You never here from them again.

Some try to bargain a bit and then they disappear where others just never get back to you after they made the first contact and trying to reserve the product.

If you hold it for them and they never get back to you, what then ??? Will all the other hubbers with all their high horse integrity pay the seller his money until it is sold at a later stage, if ever???

Cash is king!!!!!!!!

If I was one of the clients who phoned in and was ready to pay and the seller responded with a "no, someone indicated on the Internet they might be interested", I would be mad at the seller.

I don't think anything unfair happened here and relax, or wait until Friday

Edited by P.A.K.

YADA YADA YADA

Actually, your post raised a bit of a smile before I slapped it off with a double face palm.

No matter what the Jurisprudential commentators on The Hub say, all sales are governed by the (very well developed) Law of Contract which is quite easy to understand.

For there to be a contract, there must be an offer and an acceptance of the offer. There is nothing about PM or responsibility to check anything. Until your offer has been accepted, the seller has no obligation towards you. Even if your offer is the only one, nothing requires him to sell it to you.

That is the law.

Dale you spend a lot of time on the hub, look at it like this.. You running a shop you got excess stock you want to dump,

So you place an ad and go on about your day trying to run a business, obviously this shop has walk in trade, ARE YOU GOING TO CHECK PM all day or help walk in trade and get to "paper work " when you get a gap???

By him leaving a tel number he is giving other options of contact, obviously the first 3 calls saying I want the product asked for directions got in there cars and came and paid

At the end of the day maybe the seller decided wow let me check why all the interest on the product and saw all the PM ???

Why I say you spend a lot of time here not all HUBBERS do so I just feel bringing the sellers integrity into it is not 100% fair

I agree that the thread title is too damaging to the reputation of te seller. DEFINITELY.

It clearly wasn't the intention of the bike shop to deceive or let buyers down..

They did miss a detail on how to make the sale. That's all.

Hopefully, the shop can make a small statement here to apologize fior not placing the ad more clearly?

Actually, your post raised a bit of a smile before I slapped it off with a double face palm.

No matter what the Jurisprudential commentators on The Hub say, all sales are governed by the (very well developed) Law of Contract which is quite easy to understand.

For there to be a contract, there must be an offer and an acceptance of the offer. There is nothing about PM or responsibility to check anything. Until your offer has been accepted, the seller has no obligation towards you. Even if your offer is the only one, nothing requires him to sell it to you.

That is the law.

CAN'T BELIEVE I AM GOING TO SAY THIS ,,,,don't u just love the lawyers,,lol( not saying you are one just saying, in this case man it sounds good)

Ten lawyers jump in and give another version

BUT I CAN'T AGREE MORE

CAN'T BELIEVE I AM GOING TO SAY THIS ,,,,don't u just love the lawyers,,lol( not saying you are one just saying, in this case man it sounds good)

Ten lawyers jump in and give another version

BUT I CAN'T AGREE MORE

True dips, willing buyer, willing seller....this has been said ad nauseum but people don't grasp the concept. The okes moaning are probably the same guys calling "dibs" on stuff. I actually have to note on any sale I do that I will not consider dibs, first choice or "hold it for me".

I phoned 2 hubbers both selling different new Thule products.

We agreed on a price and postage/collection etc.

I asked for bank details and waited.

And waited.

So I sent a message and asked when I was going to get the bank details.

"Sorry, sold" was the response I got.

Fokkkoff was my response.

And negative ratings