Slipping MTB Grips

Leonard

A question to all the experts out there.

I recently fitted new grips on my mtb. Problem is they keep on twisting.

I can see myself coming off very soon as I have once or twice lost grip while they twisted.

I have Bontrager Race X Lite EVA foam grips on a glossy carbon bar.

How do I get them not to twis/slip.

I've never tried it, but I've heard of people using hairspray.

Is hairspray not oily ?, you need something that will evaporate once the grips are on the bars, I know you are not suppose to use oily stuff on ESI's as they will just get destroyed. Use body sprays eg AXE,Status or you can use methylated spirits

I have exact same grips, used a hairspray that i sprayed into the grip before i put it on. But now, I am not sure how to take it off as the one side is not the same as the other :/. but ja, the hairspray trick works well

Hairspray works a charm. Simple, straightforward no fuss.

If you need to get the grips off after, a squirt of water and some elbow grease.

I have also heard hairspray works a treat? I have Ritchley Foam grips, just soaked them in warm water for a seconds and then a bit of elbow grease and they were on. They have been in place firmly ever since - no whisky throttle ;)

Hair spray has a mild adhesive, it is the best. To remove- hair spray is the solution, spray twist and pull...