Bestmed Jacaranda race....Times must be very tough?

Mr Giant

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was ok, we started too far back but can't complain about anything. Enjoyed the ride with MikeBike.

The Good:

Pothole Markings

Motorbike marshals

The Bad:

Vrekpoort

The wind

The Ugly:

Cyclists crossing white line with oncoming traffic

Cyclists swearing. You can reprimand a person for not holding his line without swearing at him.

Organisers. Well done. Great route. Not that much traffic. Just get the finish sorted.

Thought it was ok, we started too far back but can't complain about anything. Enjoyed the ride with MikeBike.

Are u bitching and moaning about your seeding again you getting like the other OOM if you see anything with the word highway or toll he is there, if we see anything about race and seeding OOM JCZA IS THERE

Must be AN AGE THING

Edited by dipslick

Are u bitching and moaning about your seeding again you getting like the other OOM if you see anything with the word highway or toll he is there, if we see anything about race and seeding OOM JCZA IS THERE

Must be AN AGE THING

Me complain...NEVER? Got a free entry & seeding wasn't updated.

The Ugly:

Cyclists crossing white line with oncoming traffic

Cyclists swearing. You can reprimand a person for not holding his line without swearing at him.

Organisers. Well done. Great route. Not that much traffic. Just get the finish sorted.

Not sure if we talking about the same guys, in the 80km A-bunch there was a guy that almost got klapped for not holding his line. This was my first road race and I thought this was a bit uncalled for as no one was really holding their line in the bunch.

I couldn't care less about the goodie bag ~ it goes straight to my gardener anyway.

Same applies to the medal ~ junk.

Same applies to the entry fee ~ as much as it irritates me to support the ASG crowd, that's life.

I do, however, care about my skin and bones. No words can describe that pathetic little strip of tar that was used for the start/finish. It was not suitable for the job, and never will be. It was without a doubt the most dangerous feature of the entire race.

If that strip of tar is what ASG calls "investing in infrastructure at the venue" (from their previous post), then i'm sorry to say it's just not good enough.

Not sure if we talking about the same guys, in the 80km A-bunch there was a guy that almost got klapped for not holding his line. This was my first road race and I thought this was a bit uncalled for as no one was really holding their line in the bunch.

All these "holding line" comments really make me smile.

Show me any group, in any fun ride, where everyone holds their line and flows along smoothly for 100k's like a stage of the Tour. It just doesn't happen.

There are far too many wanabee pro's in the bunches who should spend more time pedalling, and less time shouting and expecting everyone to hold a perfect line.

Rather give a slightly bigger gap, and expect the unexpected. It will be much less stressful.

Rather give a slightly bigger gap, and expect the unexpected. It will be much less stressful.

Hallelujah Brother !

It always fascinates me how the tour pros go down the mountain descents in a long single-file line whilst us weekend warriors plummet down hospital hill in as big a bunch as we can muster, pushing 4 lanes into two at the bottom and filling every 30cm gap with bikes whist bellowing "hold your F'ing line" .

Must be AN AGE THING

Why include me in your reasoning, are you too slap to argue your own....... Sheesh, I expected more of you!!!!!

At best I think you do not even understand the topic(s) debated, you just follow what sounds the best and feel compelled to say something.

Edited by Big H*

Why include me in your reasoning, are you too slap to argue your own....... Sheesh, I expected more of you!!!!!

I am honored that you EXPECTED MORE OF ME,,,,and all this time I thought you didn't like me

I am honored that you EXPECTED MORE OF ME,,,,and all this time I thought you didn't like me

Read my edit above

Agreed - and why persist with those useless medals - does anyone actually keep them???

NO

I couldn't care less about the goodie bag ~ it goes straight to my gardener anyway.

Same applies to the medal ~ junk.

Same applies to the entry fee ~ as much as it irritates me to support the ASG crowd, that's life.

I do, however, care about my skin and bones. No words can describe that pathetic little strip of tar that was used for the start/finish. It was not suitable for the job, and never will be. It was without a doubt the most dangerous feature of the entire race.

If that strip of tar is what ASG calls "investing in infrastructure at the venue" (from their previous post), then i'm sorry to say it's just not good enough.

If you are referring to the road at the satellite station as far as I remember the satellite classic always finished there and it seemed fine.Great route and a favourite